I'm trying to make a CD which features a few programs. The menu will be designin with html.

I would like to create links which would run the exe installers - but normal links trigger a "download or run" warning box

Does anyone know a solution? which IE's security features won't block

thanks

I'm sure you have the best of intentions but I wouldn't be happy running a program that bypassed security settings. If it's just for your own use I would understand though (not that I have a solution for you).

Veering off-topic a little, another post listed several online malware scan sites. On one I tried the scan and up popped a "do you want to install such-and-such" warning. Nowhere on the page did it mention that this might come up. So, was it legit? I don't care really, it didn't warn me so I just got the hell out of there.

In your case a simple message saying what to do if that warning comes up should satisfy everyone. You reassure your customer that you're not bypassing any security features, and you get your program/whatever loaded.

Edited by JDoors

I'd say your best bet is to not use the web for this.

I'm sure I've seen some little programs that let you make up a simple menu and display it. Something like 3DMenu and it's kin from back in the DOS days but more modern. Don't remember any off the top of my head as I've never had need of them but you should be able to find them with a bit of searching.