Device Manager Hangs Solved!

Well I have had to much JD and I have lost all patience with this thing. No matter where you attempt to open the device manager it just stops responding with a blank window and no devices are showing. I think it must be a driver somewhere but how would one disable a device without being able to use the device manager eh? Hahahahahahaha......I know M$ has a developer's tool that replaces the device manager but I can't seem to find it. I have seen it before. So does anyone have an idea what is going on with this thing. Running XP (Home) if that matters....I think I will now go over to TT's bar.......HAHAHAHAHAHA....I have had it with this thing for one night....Oh yes and it has no USB devices on it so it is not that USB thing......

Edited by il_wiccan

I kind of looked at some of those but that is the problem. The device manager stops responding. It the device manager itself that is hanging. Other than that the macine runs perfectly with no problems at all......Weird eh? I have have scanned it with everything I can think of to no avail.....GRRRRRR!!!!!.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I even replaced the ddl for DM and it still doesn't work.....

Edited by il_wiccan
Well I have had to much JD and I have lost all patience with this thing. No matter where you attempt to open the device manager it just stops responding with a blank window and no devices are showing. I think it must be a driver somewhere but how would one disable a device without being able to use the device manager eh? Hahahahahahaha......I know M$ has a developer's tool that replaces the device manager but I can't seem to find it. I have seen it before. So does anyone have an idea what is going on with this thing. Running XP (Home) if that matters....I think I will now go over to TT's bar.......HAHAHAHAHAHA....I have had it with this thing for one night....Oh yes and it has no USB devices on it so it is not that USB thing......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried the SFC /Scanonce? Then reboot and have your OS disk in the CD-Drive.

I wish to thank you all for the help. Especially for the link to devcon. I could not find it for the life of me. Well I got it fixed and not that this will ever come up again but I used the defcon rescan command and it reset the devices and now DM works like a charm. I don't know what happened but all is well now.......Hahahahahahahaha......a nice start to the day. I think I will have a drink.......JUST KIDDING!......

That is a very handy tool and I would reccomend it for the hardcore people......Hahahahahahaha......

Edited by il_wiccan