Ok,,I switched from Zone Alarm to Sygate today. I was checking the traffic logs and I am seeing outgoing traffic to : www.dhs.gov, which is the website for the Dept of Homeland Security. Weird thing is,this only happens when I am on the g4 forums.When I log out,it stops.Anybody have any ideas on this?

Maybe that's why G$ suddenly loosened the rules so anything goes. They are just piping things back to the feds.......Hahahahahahahaha.....Maybe you also said one of those "keywords" they talk about. I don't know if it is true or just bull but I have heard certain words and phrases key a system that starts to track you.......Hahahahaha....I think it's bull myself but who knows...

Maybe that's why G$ suddenly loosened the rules so anything goes. They are just piping things back to the feds.......Hahahahahahahaha.....Maybe you also said one of those "keywords" they talk about. I don't know if it is true or just bull but I have heard certain words and phrases key a system that starts to track you.......Hahahahaha....I think it's bull myself but who knows...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well,it couldn't be all those 'nice' things I said about George W.,could it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well,it couldn't be all those 'nice' things I said about George W.,could it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so have you run all your scans to find out what might be "calling home"..??

guess you have just one more reason to NOT go to g$.. :o

that's kinda weird huh..?

That's weird HP. I just checked my sygate while logged in over there and I'm not getting that. Might be time for some scans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have scanned with Avast,also Spybot,Adaware,and M$ spyware. Looks like another scan is in order.

But it could be that DHS IS watching me. I've been known for my Bush-bashing.

That's weird HP. I just checked my sygate while logged in over there and I'm not getting that. Might be time for some scans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have scanned with Avast,also Spybot,Adaware,and M$ spyware. Looks like another scan is in order.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I'm with you there. Have you ever tried Asqared? It's a very good trojan scanner. Maybe the Trendmicro online scan. I run that every once in awhile just as another layer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cwrd_lg2.jpg

Whoa, that is ...kinda scary, HP!! I get Army Popups when I go there (I know there's a way to stop them, but I hardly ever go there, so I haven't bothered) do you think there's some kind of link?

***Oh, ilwiccan, my eyes! my eyes!!!! :D

Liz

Edited by blim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cwrd_lg2.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! il_wiccan..........

tt3wy.jpg

well,I'm going to deal with it tomorrow. I'm behind Sygate and a router as well.Nothing incoming from them,just outgoing.

If I worried about the government keeping an eye on me,I would have worried myself to death a long time ago. I guess I've been on their list since that arrest back in '71 at that Viet Nam war protest.

By the way,love that 3 stooges thing on someone's post but hey,you shouldn't insult the stooges that way.

Hey il can you pm me the one you took down? It was working for me but when I went back to steal it it was gone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will just put it back on. It wasn't morphing for me for some reason.........

bush50.gif

Edited by il_wiccan

Well,here's an update. I close my browser at night and this morning,not a single dhs.gov in the traffic log. Then I did a bit of research.My home page is my local TV station web page,and I had it open in the background all the time. I THINK it is that web page,checking with the dhs.gov periodically for alerts,etc.

If I close the page,it stops.

If anyone wants to go there and see if they get the same thing, it is :

www.wate.com

Thanks for all the help.

Whoa, that is ...kinda scary, HP!!  I get Army Popups when I go there (I know there's a way to stop them, but I hardly ever go there, so I haven't bothered) do you think there's some kind of link?

***Oh, ilwiccan, my eyes! my eyes!!!!  :D

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think those army pop ups are only on IE. I don't get them on Mozilla.

A resemblance in more ways than one unfortunately.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know given how you spelled A2 Squared I wouldn't talk. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I type in the dark and occasionally miss my typos. Thanks for pointing it out. Now I'm going to go invade somebody that's totally irrelevant.

A resemblance in more ways than one unfortunately.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know given how you spelled A2 Squared I wouldn't talk. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I type in the dark and occasionally miss my typos. Thanks for pointing it out. Now I'm going to go invade somebody that's totally irrelevant.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we are killing terrorist, it is never irrelevant. Personally I like my picture better :thumbsup: