Sponsored By

Sign in to follow this  
cowsgonemadd3

Website Banners For B' Who Wants To Make Them?

They're probaly not what B wants but I had a little time today.

banner2.jpg

macmarauder,

I kinda liked this one....what if you did the text in some sort of blue to better match B's site and forums?

Im really sorry......got my phone killed forgot to pay bill......so that why I was off yesterday. Got a few banners but not the one in black. My program wont do a black outline! here it is:

best2.gif

Do you still want them in black....?

Ok I though about it if your banner blends 100% in your sites background that means only the words will show! So nobody will be able to tell if its a banner or just writing. If you want it to blend in why not just write the words on your site? I might can still add the black ring but then the words will have to be made smaller.....

Looks good to me. I like it. I'll get it added to my site later tonight. And then when they decide on an official one, I'll add it and use both of them. Thanks CGM3.

Uploaded and on site.

Now that looks good on your site. Do you see what I mean Jsky about if it was all black it would blend in too much? I would do it but I dont have a edger and boy is it hard to hold a optical mouses pointer from swaying!

How do you all like the effect?

best2.gif

I just r-click on the page you want and select edit. This opens up in M$ Word in edit mode. (I use microsoft word, works great for me)

Then open IE. go to BestTechies forum. (you will need to do this to get the link)

Then click on the banner to highlight it. Go to "Insert" on the top toolbar. And click on "hyperlink"

This open up the hyperlink window. Where it says "or select from list" Click on "Inserted Links". Just highlight the BestTechies forum link and click OK. Then close out M$ Word and save changes "Yes"

You can test it right away.

And yes, You were right. You did a good job. Thanks Again! B)

" I just r-click on the page you want and select edit." Are you using IE or firefox? I right click on abanner here and it doesnt say edit? Are you using XP? It didnt work for me for some reason.....

:huh:

How are you doing your web site? I have a master copy of mine on my PC. and do all the editing right here. Then I use SmartFTP to upload any changed pages to my web host and overwrite it. That way I can see how things look before I make any changes permanent. If you are using a different approach (free web host, etc.) on your site, let me know and I'll help you add a hyper link to it. They are different in how they work.

How are you doing your web site? I have a master copy of mine on my PC. and do all the editing right here. Then I use SmartFTP to upload any changed pages to my web host and overwrite it. That way I can see how things look before I make any changes permanent. If you are using a different approach (free web host, etc.) on your site, let me know and I'll help you add a hyper link to it. They are different in how they work."

Ok I use a page editor on my website (it came with it) I dont have a ftp program. Is there a good free one?

Thanks

Do you mean your using a service like Tripod? If your using Tripod,(Never used any others). When you have your toolbar open for your site, and you check to add a picture, after you choose what picture to use it opens a page with options for size and placement. At this spot they usually have a spot to make a link and if you want the link to open on the same window or open a new window.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thought I'd throw mine into the hat....great work everyone!

best.jpg

wow! thats really good!

Got to agree that is real good

JD

Thought I'd throw mine into the hat....great work everyone!

best.jpg

wow! thats really good!

Got to agree that is real good

JD

I have to agree. This is a very good one.

I like njustice's, MistaMatt's font, and the one macmarauder made that Nerelda already complimented.