Hjt And Tools

As a member of the SWI forum and boot camp student, I think a pinned post with a list of the tools used would be helpful in this forum. Spybot, Adaware and HJT, as wonderful as they are , cannot fix all malware, spyware, and trojans. There are some tools out there that compliment these programs and need to be made known here.

Probably wouldn't hurt to have a list of the QUALIFIED members,(those who have completed or are in training) who are able to read and offer repairs.

EDIT: other than the admin listed in title section (my oversight)

Lamuskrat

Hi,

I don't want to make a list of tools because I don't want members running them and fixing things without having an expert tell them what to remove and how to remove it. It's just not a good idea, and it could be dangerous. Now, it's different in Boot Camp and in the Classroom because if you mess up nothing bad can happen as they are only practice logs where nothing can go wrong if you mess up.

As, for the quailfied members who know how to analyze HJT logfiles. It is easy to tell because if they are quailfied they will be part of the HijackThis Team. You can tell if they are part of the HijackThis Team if next to Group is says HijackThis Team. Also, any Admins and Mods here can be trusted with HijackThis logfiles.

B