User Name Color Code

Just a suggestion, but why not make the color code the same under their name, such as BestTechie Admin is Red; Moderator is Blue and so on. I hope this makes sense what I'm trying to say.

It would stand out clearly when they post and it says Group: Admin and so on.

That way you would not have to look at the bottom to see who is what.

Just a thought.

Barb B)

Just a suggestion, but why not make the color code the same under their name, such asĀ  BestTechie Admin is Red; Moderator is Blue and so on. I hope this makes sense what I'm trying to say.

It would stand out clearly when they post and it says Group: Admin and so on.

That way you would not have to look at the bottom to see who is what.

Just a thought.

Barb B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This sounds like a great idea bar5

Hope it can be worked out B.

I'm still looking, but I haven't found a way yet...

B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just thought it would look nice to have it in color for those with special skills. Hope you can find a way. I have seen it on other boards, but have no clue how they do it. :unsure:

Thanks anyway B

Barb B)

A thought I had about this. One thing that could help, if the coloring isnt possible, is an image system, like the one at geekstogo. For example, your profile ther Jeff: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showuser=13268

has that image under your avatar, rather than just text. I think the image is replaycing the blue blocks.. Just a thought.

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote

Matt:

I just looked at that site, and that image system looks good also. What kind of image could we use here, that would represent BT? How about a laptop LCD screen with BestTechie, underneath it Admin, Moderator or whatever the title? BT uses the laptop as a logo. Maybe too much? What do you think?

Barb :huh:

That is a good idea, or even instead of using a laptop, use the little "BT in a Square Icon" that is to the left of each forum? Or keep the blocks but change the color for mods and admins (now ideally, it would be changed to black for members, blue for mods and red for admins, but that would be a lot of work, wouldn't it?)

Or (please forgive me, Dear Marty, I know you'll hate this idea) stars instead of blocks for the mods and admins?

Liz

That is a good idea, or even instead of using a laptop, use the little "BT in a Square Icon" that is to the left of each forum?Ā  Or keep the blocks but change the color for mods and admins (now ideally, it would be changed to black for members, blue for mods and red for admins, but that would be a lot of work, wouldn't it?)

Or (please forgive me, Dear Marty, I know you'll hate this idea) stars instead of blocks for the mods and admins?

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG Liz, do you really want to get Marty going on those stars? Hahaha :lol::lol:

Barb :lol:

P.S. BT logo would be good using the color that matches the title. (Admins, Mods etc) Do you remember the old TTV logo the Mods had? I think they were yellow or gold. I forget.

Edited by bar5

I've actually been wanting to do the picture for a while. Just need someone to do it. I've also wanted a new banner for the forums... So yes, I will try to get someone to do the pictures and banner for the forums. B)

So we're going to drop the color idea, and just go with a pictures? That's probably the best idea. I like that better as well.

B

Ya Jeff, that picture idea does sound a lot better.

Better put up a "Help Wanted" thread. We probably got the talent right here, like Liz said.

Wish I knew how to do it, I'd volunteer, but have no clue how.

Good luck.

Barb :thumbsup:

They're not avatars.Ā  They're group images icons.Ā  You'll see them even if you have avatars disabled.Ā  Btw, t0c, that looks good.Ā  I'm going to try it out and see how it looks. B)

B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right, I do see them :D

Nice work!

They're not avatars.Ā  They're group images icons.Ā  You'll see them even if you have avatars disabled.Ā  Btw, t0c, that looks good.Ā  I'm going to try it out and see how it looks. B)

B

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tictoc good job. I really like that.

Jeff, it really looks good.

Barb :thumbsup: