Sponsored By

Sign in to follow this  
X-Cannon

.avi File Wont Open

I have a .avi movie from a friend but it wont open for both of us. I have used Windows Media Player, Real Player, DivX, and QuickTime only the audio works for Windows Media Player and Real Player but the picture wont show why? can you guys please help me out.

Hi,

Sounds like a codec issue. I think the problem is that you don't the have proper codec for an avi file. Make sure you get the proper codec and then you will be able to play avi files on your PC.

B

Hi,

Sounds like a codec issue. I think the problem is that you don't the have proper codec for an avi file. Make sure you get the proper codec and then you will be able to play avi files on your PC.

B

what do you mean? doesn't WMP automatically download a codec. If it doesn't can you tell me where I can download a proper codec. THX

You may have to do a google search for the codec. I think there is a prog out there that will tell you what codec you need but can't remember the name

Anyone else remember

JD

Nope still wont work I don't know why because all the other mpeg, avi all those workfine but this one won't. Also I don't think its corrupt because the audio part works but I just can't see anything.

P.S. What are Bin files and if I have one how can I install it?

THX