Nvidia Ti4200 Vid Card Problem ? Maybe ?

have an older buillt for you Compaq 1Ghz, 768 RAM with an nVidia ti 4200 vid card in it.

This is now used at work and just yesterday the monitor had a purple tint to it. I thought maybe someone screwed with it. So I went into Control Panel and made sure all settings were correct.

It's at 1024 x 768, 32 bit true color, 60 Hz, also went in and adjusted all the color, brightness, adobe gamma, degaussed and then found a newer driver from nvidia then current version.

Nothing worked it still has a purple hue to it, if I set to highest brightness and low contrast, obviously gone, but so is most of the color ...

This is an AGP 8x, 128Mb DDR RAM card with an output for monitor and also DVI and S video.

I tried another monitor to see if maybe was the monitor, and same damn thing !

Any clue on what can be done, I also do not have an onboard video either on the mobo. I hope not to but another card since only a work thing, no games at all here. Plus would hate to waste the

$$ and find out a mobo problem. Since is AGP, not like I have another slot to try ....

Never had a problem like this on any machine, so not quite sure what to do now.

TIA

Mike

these are CRT monitors and have the cable attached to them

I do have access to about 15 LCD monitors, but didn't try one of those yet

will tomorrow when I go back to do some more updates on the network

it's a distraction to look at that way, I will see if I have adobe gamma control in this PC, not sure at the moment

I have gamma control in 2 newer ones there and was nice to walk through the wizard to set up the color profile

When you tested the different monitor, was it the same cable?

Tint problems, if they cover the entire screen, are sometimes a product of a cable with a damaged conductor or a bent pin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what I was thing too. Might want to check the connectors on the vga cables, bent pins will cause hue changes too.

Well if all else fails, swap cards if you can. Or put a cheap pci card in. Just to see if it makes a difference. You would probably have to make a bios adjustment for the pci trial. You already did the other things that I would of tried.