hi team how and where do i go to save my

sent pms

some how when i go to check my pms

i cant find

those sent pms.

marty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH MY GOSH Marty is there something about you I don't know? Man when I saw PMS I sure thought you were talking about something else.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......Just kidding my friend. I have no idea how the PM's work here. I send them and sometimes I get a reply and sometimes not......I have never tried to save them though. Do they save here or do you like download them?....

When you send a PM there's a checkbox at the bottom that will save a copy into your outbox. I dunno if there's a setting in prefs that makes that the default.

Edited by jcl

Threw me for a loop, too, Marty. They used to be automatically saved but changed when the Board Layout changed. Now the kink is remembering to check the "Save Pm" box when I need to!! (aaahhhh, Senility..... :) )

Liz

what the hells wrong with asking

a simple Q

HOW DO I SAVE MY PMS

SO I CAN READ THEM OR EDIT THEM.

shades of g4

il-wiccan

hey the penny has just dropped.

ha ha ha.

when i was younger maybe.

but not now.

i one of those think about it now.

my god your an alert

person

the trouble with the engresh

language one word has so many meanings.

take care

marty

Edited by martymas

Right Here, Dear Marty

When you send a PM there's a checkbox at the bottom that will save a copy into your outbox.  I dunno if there's a setting in prefs that make that the default.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder " Its under the reply box. :)

Liz

Edited by blim

marty,

Here's what you do once your Inbox folder, and Sent Items folder get full, and you don't want to delete them to make room for more.

At the top of this page, click the My Controls link.

That'll take you to your control panel.

In the Menu on the left, under Messenger, click Archive Messages

This will take you to the Archive Messages box

There you will have 5 options to fill out:

1. Archive from which folder? - pick where you want to archive from (inbox folder, sent items folder, or all folders)

2. Archive messages received in the last - choose (1, 7, 30, 90, 365, all) days (and newer, or older)

3. Number of messages to archive - choose 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50

4. Delete messages after archiving? - yes, or no

5. Compile datafile as - choose Importable MS Excel datafile, or HTML page (I use HTML page)

Then click the Process button

An E-mail will be sent to you, with the archived messages you've selected.

That way you can save them, and have a permanent record of the ones you want to keep.

Edited by tg1911
are you repling to me

who the hell are you

i need to save some of those sent messages

i dont give a stuuf what you say

already swinging your weight around

marty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's a joke marty...pms.. = pre-menstrual syndrome..a female malady that makes women as grouchy as you are at times... :lol::blush::wacko:

Edited by screi

I don't know if this is the right way to address the abbreviation of the plural of a PM, or not. But I write it as PMs, to try to differentiate from pms (a woman's monthly misery). So far it has worked, as I haven't been picked on about it yet, and I had better not be because I can still turn on the tears and be a grouch!!!

I am sorry people are teasing you about your perfectly good question, which by the way thanks for asking as I wanted to know how to do that too.

Take care friend, and don't let anyone get your goat....ooops, but had to tease just a little. I did see you now have a goat. Great. They are wonderful pets, and now you can say you have an all in one weed/feed/mowing machine!!! Watch out that you use chain, not rope to tether it out in yard, (unless you have a fenced yard for the goat to graze freely), as goats think ropes are quite a tasty morsel.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat
I don't know if this is the right way to address the abbreviation of the plural of a PM, or not. But I write it as PMs, to try to differentiate from pms (a woman's monthly misery). So far it has worked, as I haven't been picked on about it yet, and I had better not be because I can still turn on the tears and be a grouch!!!

I am sorry people are teasing you about your perfectly good question, which by the way thanks for asking as I wanted to know how to do that too.

Take care friend, and don't let anyone get your goat....ooops, but had to tease just a little. I did see you now have a goat. Great. They are wonderful pets, and now you can say you have an all in one weed/feed/mowing machine!!! Watch out that you use chain, not rope to tether it out in yard, (unless you have a fenced yard for the goat to graze freely), as goats think ropes are quite a tasty morsel.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes im not having a good week

and i apploigise for reacting

all the posters in the thread are good people .

things have happened to me.

and ime not handling it very well.

i actually read it as i see it.

how ever. may be im having my periods.

sorry guys

marty

you a girl or you just saying you mooding?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im a boy

it wasnt a good pun was it

thats what my week has been

ever have those when every things go wrong

no matter how you try

marty

Cheer up Marty, and as Liz said Have some Chocolate! That always seems to help me!

I'm sorry you aren't having a good week. It will get better, and maybe just knowing we care about you will sweeten it up a bit. Here is a big hug from all of us. :wub:

Seems like things just have to go wacky ever so often for no reason on earth. Been having it happen all summer (year)!!! Things get better than whamo stuff goes :wacko: again for no particular reason, other than Murphy's law I guess.

For instance since I've been on board today, I couldn't type right at all and kept having to redo it. Finally I just now looked down while writing this, and found out the keyboard was off center just a couple of keys. Sigh!!! All due to my sorting the stack of stuff today (to keep it from toppling over to floor) on the left side of mouse pad to left of keyboard. One dictionary, plus several magazines (to read while doing long updates), and newspaper clippings to check out websites 'someday', and a few file folders of print outs of computer info, all in a big piled mess. So I could type ok :unsure: when it was all scatter/turned every which way, but having trouble hitting right keys when it is cleaned up and straightened out. Ha Ha! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Ha Ha!

Liz said, "Every woman will say that men pms, too!!!!!", but I named it 'the moon effect' for my hubby. Years ago I used to track hubby's bad moods on calendar and it fit the new to full moon cycle to a tee!!! Now I just tell him I don't need to check lunar cycle just watch his moods. Funny now telling him that gets his attention, more than fighting him to stop the bad moods. I guess we all have our :wacko: days (or years)!!! Though he said last night when I told him about this thread, that pms wasn't half as nutty a time living with me as "the change of life". I'd probably agree with him if I could remember it :unsure: but that's when my memory went bad!!! :rolleyes: Hee Hee!!!

Take care friend,

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Lol Pat. Your desk sounds almost as bad as mine, I've got stuff piled everywhere, but I usually know right where things are. Also I figured out a long time ago that I get agitated around full moon time.

Edited by Makai

it happens to me, a seriously pmsing.

last year in school, i was got pissed off for a good reason and start yelling at the teacher i hated, then this girl, Summers, told me to chill out. i told her im seriously PMSing. she said "no sh*t"

once in the while, i get mood swing and not a morning person

thanks for overlooking my stupid ranting.

i know all who posted in the thread

and ALL are good people .

it is one of those weeks

for instance

i just got a new set of hearing aids.

acc paid for them.

i lost the remote control which operates them

wel i was in a panic .

as i would have had to replace that remote

at $1000.

and when i posted those silly posts

i was in a panic.

how ever they have been found.

and im on even keel again[ i hope]

and in the bargain.

the young lady who found them wouldnt

accept a reward .

so my faith in human nature hasent

faltered

i offered to [shout ] pay for a ticket to a concert. of a local .group

which i know she happens to like

and she said i will accept it if you come as my

partner.

so there are still good people in this shrinking world

of greed and rip offs

as im 25 yrs older than the young lady

i feel priveledged to be able

to go to a concert with her

as im not a fan of punk rock music

i may have to sneak earplugs into my pocket

what do the posters think

wasent that a good gesture on her part.

to appear in a public place with an old bugger like me

but i appreciate her gesture

and my faith in human nature has been restored.

sorry for ranting on

i feel great now ive got that off my chest

thanks for your understanding

marty