Im guessing youre on XP, 2000 or NT:

1. Click the Start menu button on the Windows taskbar.

2. Click Run... on this menu.

3. If the computer is holding a current IP address, type 'cmd' (without the quotes) in the text box that appears. A command prompt window appears on the screen.

4. Type 'ipconfig' (without the quotes) to view the status of the computer's IP address(es).

5. If the computer is holding a current IP address, type 'ipconfig /release' to let go of the address.

6. Type 'ipconfig /renew' to obtain a new IP address (whether or not the computer is holding a current address).

Edited by MistaMatt90

Your external ip is assigned by your ISP. Unless you have some good, ducumentable reason for them to change it, they are going to tell you that all of their ips are dynamic and to wait a few days and it will change.

Internally, you can assign yourself any ip you want that your router will accept and set it up as a static ip.

Back to external, unless you go thru a proxy server, theres no real way to change your outside (WAN) ip.

when i typed in ipconfig /release it said No operation can be preformed on Local connection while it has its media disconnected

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm well that confirms you are using a static IP. The steps I provided will not work. You could leave your modem disconnected for a few days and see if your IP address changes, thats a trick I did once. But, you probably don't want to go that way.

Matt

static IP? proxy, STEPS?!? >_< my head hurts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Naming is hard.

A static IP address is an IP address that is fixed and never changes. This is in contrast to a dynamic IP address which may change at any time.

The option to choose a proxy, would act as a 'middle man' between you and what you are coneecting to. So, what you are connecting to will see the proxy's IP not yours.

Matt

Staic IP = your ip address, either internally (LAN) or externally (WAN) is set and does not change. Internally, you simply reconfigure your network connection to automatically obtain an ip address from your router od DHCP server. (its about 3 mouse clicks in any windws OS) (Right click the NIC you use.>Properties>obtain ip automaticaly/obtain DNS automaticaly>save.)

Proxy servers explained, tons of articles to read.

Hope that helps some.

Usually when people ask this question is due to a ban for cheating ext... I sure hope this is not the reason why you ask because i in noway support cheating of any kind. I live by work if you want it and if you can't get it then your not working hard enough.

I do like helping people so this is where you start

Change MAC-Address on Demand

I almost didn't respond due to i know i have helped cheaters before with this info.

DON'T CHEAT

Thank you