Well I know this guy and he wants to get a custom comp but he dosent know what parts to get. I asked him his budget, he said $4000, I was flipping out because that is an amazing budget for a custom machine. So can anyone give some ideas? :thumbsup:

Yeah, take $1200, build him an awesome machine and charge hime $2800 for your "expertise".

Seriously, does this guy have a clue as to what a good machine costs? You may want to educate him.

I haven't scorlled thru all of the posts here, yet, but I'm sure there are plenty of exapmles of gaming system specs, if not here on another board certainly.

Or, find a machine he really likes (Alienware, falcon, etc...), look up the detailed specs and then price it out on newegg.

Just a though

Jeesh 4K eh? Well I would certainly look at a X2 AMD processor setup for sure. Man with that kind of jack the sky is the limit. I can't even imagine what I would buy if I had that loot to spend.....hahahahahahha.....Maybe 3K for the machine and 1K for JD........

$4000!!! Wow, here's just some of the priciest stuff I can come up with. It's sad to think that about six years ago my parents paid Gateway $3000 for the crappy system I'm on now!

Abit Fatal1ty MOBO

AMD Dual Core

4 GB OCZ Platinum RAM

2 WD Raptor HDD on Raid 0

Two expensive graphics cards on SLI

and I don't know where to go from here. Attack of the Show did an "Ultimate Gaming Machine" where they spent around $6000, but that included peripheals like a huge widescreen monitor for about $1000

I haven't scorlled thru all of the posts here, yet, but I'm sure there are plenty of exapmles of gaming system specs, if not here on another board certainly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To that end: link.

Older: link.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Muchos gracia Amigo. (notice you didn't give out the olf TTC link...heh:) :P:P:P:P

Is there a thread on this board similar to that one?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Processor Socket 939 Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $688.00Okay here you go, you can add take away items as you like but the one 2 things I would stay with are the motherboard and "BFG" video card. BFG is a little more expensive but they are the best. the motherboard offers SlI (The NVIDIA® SLI ™ (Scalable Link Interface) technology enables two PCI-Express cards on this motherboard to provide extreme performance over the edge) wow to video cards acting as one. imagine that performance. i have it and let me tell you its great. to upgrade just buy another video card (exact same)

The parts

Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Full Version) Single-Pack OEM ***Free 2nd Day*** $139.99

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Processor Socket 939 Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $688.00

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce 4 SLI Athlon 64(FX) Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $164.50

BFG Geforce 7800 GTX OC PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/HDTV-Out, Dual DVI & VIVO Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $529.99

Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB Serial ATA 10,000RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer *** Free 2nd Day ** $171.90

Corsair TWINX2048RE-3200 2GB Kit DDR400 XMS3200 ECC Registered Memory w/Black Heat Spreader Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $331.00

Asus CB5216ABLACK DVD 16x + CD-RW 52x32x52 Combo Drive (Black) Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $40.99

Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Retail *** Free 2nd Day *** $189.99

Thermaltake Xaser III Skull VM3420BU Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window - Retail $130.00+$15.99 FedEx Saver Shipping =$145.99

Acer AL1922R 19in Flat Panel LCD Monitor (Silver-Black) Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $368.00

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro Sound Card Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $249.99

Logitech Z-5500 Speaker System Retail $259.99

Total= $3280.33

You could replace the

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Processor Socket 939 Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $688.00

With

AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 Processor (San Diego) Socket 939 Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $1015.00

That would change the total to

Total= $3607.33

Or you could keep the other CPU and add another

BFG Geforce 7800 GTX OC PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/HDTV-Out, Dual DVI & VIVO Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $529.99

For a Big graphic boost but heck with just 1 7800 at this time nothing would even push that card so this would not really be needed

Total would be

Total=$3810.32