Transferring Video To Puter

my turn to ask a question...I have some old home videos on vcr and I need to put them on cd. my vcr has a video output on the back and I guess I would need some kind of adapter. can I capture this thru my video and sound card? can I put this on cd-rom or do I have to use dvd? I don't have a dvd player cause I'm too cheap to buy one. actually I'm on a fixed income. maybe it would be easier if I got a player that records vcr to dvd but they cost like $150. any ideas on this mess? thanks for any suggestions.

i wish i could be more helpful..but as slow as i am typing..it would take me a month to list it all out..

do you have nero or some other cd burning software bear..? i have nero 6 and it has a pretty good intuitve vcd feature..you can download it but if on dialup it's 33mb's and might take a while..

also do you have rca audio/video input jacks on you video card..or perhaps s-video..??

my turn to ask a question...I have some old home videos on vcr and I need to put them on cd.  my vcr has a video output on the back and I guess I would need some kind of adapter.  can I capture this thru my video and sound card?  can I put this on cd-rom or do I have to use dvd?  I don't have a dvd player cause I'm too cheap to buy one.  actually I'm on a fixed income.  maybe it would be easier if I got a player that records vcr to dvd but they cost like $150.  any ideas on this mess?  thanks for any suggestions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish you were closer my friend. I have one of those Dazzle 150 boxes that you can hook up the VCR and it converts the analog to digital on the fly. Works really well. Of course it cost money for the box. I am not even sure they make them anymore....

well I don't have much but a cd burner they came with the drive and my cheapie video doesn't have video input...I appreciate all you guys suggestions but I guess I will have to spend some money and buy a good vcr-dvd player...y'all have a good day now.