Unbanned At "that Place"

Hi everyone!!

This is my absolute LAST post about that other place, but I thought many of you may find this rather interesting.

I have been UNBANNED at GWhore....I mean four..;)

Go figure eh...I thought I was Perma-Banned for life, for my little...ahemmm.."indiscretions"

:whistling:

Will wonders never cease!

Not that I have any intentions of ever going back there, but it may come in handy someday.

Later Y'all

I keep stopping in to keep my post towards to top. You might like it Chappy. Look for "Need Help" or check my post about Ad for(fot) BTs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats a funny post. Several insiders are helping out. Subtlety just goes right over their heads.

well that's good chappy...it's a bit strange over there as we all knew it would be..

.funny thing is they sent me an e-mail politely explaining i was banned for a week for posting a copy of the admin memo..but i can still post..not that i want to..or have..except to bump a couple of post back to page 1..

i've said my peice and said my goodbyes over there..i won't be missed nor do i miss it..

:wacko::thumbsup::unsure::blink:

hmmm...two hundred posts..must be talking more than lurking...hmmm :lol::unsure::wacko:

Edited by screi
Funny how the HJT Logs aren't getting worked, the noobs are giving dumb answers to tech questions and Chappy gets unbanned........  Makes one say "Hummmmmm"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. People are directing them here, which is a good thing.

*Dang this is the second time this week I've had to slap myself silly for quoting Martha Stewart*

Makai, I'm starting to worry about you, dear.

Chappy, that is "interesting" news. I'm sure it's because of all the backlash the "powers that be" received because you did what you did. You sure received a lot of support from the users over there (well, most are over here, now, thankfully!) Did you get "re-modded"? Just curious.

I do hope you continue your support here along with so many other fine folks who either joined or got "re-aquainted" at BTs. We need the good guys!

***And to those who still lurk over there, I read that because so many HJT experts fled, they are thinking of recommending an automatic analyzer. I sure don't want to see someone totally wrecking their computer using that thing, so keep an eye on the HJT logs and send them here please!

Liz

I wonder what is going on upstairs over there?(oops wrong board for that term.) No one seems to know what to do to deal with what happened.

What happened to that mod person not posting (as far as I can tell) your apology? A couple of good souls made up for it. I posted on one of their threads, with a sneaky little item added, all done with what little finesse I could :unsure::rolleyes: .

By the way, this is reunion weekend for the TTV and Tech Support Family to reunite and heal, and guess where it's at folks..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Letter From Chappy to G4 members

P.S. Has anyone noticed Pete's new screen name over there? I had him on my buddy list, and today it has this name instead, Sauron_The_Morbid, ...have no idea what name means...but did a board search and it came up with threads/posts I knew Pete had posted. So it wasn't someone putting themselves in his spot.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

that is good news chappy even if you don't go back there...maybe you did make a mistake but it was with good intentions and I think they could have worked something out with you...there are still some good people there but I think they lost the best with you and pete. I think this is a much happier place anyway and this board will really benefit from you and pete. the best to you.

Hi everyone!!

This is my absolute LAST post about that other place, but I thought many of you may find this rather interesting.

Go figure eh...I thought I was Perma-Banned for life, for my little...ahemmm.."indiscretions"

Not that I have any intentions of ever going back there, but it may come in handy someday.

Later Y'all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i say bloody good thing, we need you here.

the kids can have g4

we have alot of new faces now

and for jeffs sake WHOOPEE

sorry i got carried away.

to me we now have a great line up of compt brains.

thank god at last.

since we came from techtv

i feel at home

when you packed your bags

it was the next best to sliced bread

marty

marty

Edited by martymas
Hi everyone!!

Later Y'all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i say bloody good thing, we need you here.

the kids can have g4

we have alot of new faces now

and for jeffs sake WHOOPEE

sorry i got carried away.

to me we now have a great line up of compt brains.

thank god at last.

since we came from techtv

i feel at home

marty

marty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We need ya here to keep Marty in line.. hehe

Hi Marty my friend!... Just kidding ya know.. :D

Funny how the HJT Logs aren't getting worked, the noobs are giving dumb answers to tech questions and Chappy gets unbanned........  Makes one say "Hummmmmm"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES!!! i feel bad for Mlegg to handle the HJT cases. he been asking people in g4 for experts.

Anyway, one person at G4 suggested tp use MSconfig to disable Aroura. i told her at the top of my lungs "DO NOT USE MSCONFIG TO DISABLE STARTUPS!!!!"

Cuz some people who now aware the risk about MSconfig and might screw it up and ended up not loading windows....... i told her to use CodeStuff Starter to disable Aroura from starting up......... Mlegg and i have a lots to teach.. well me i will be once in a while to make sure nobody is making a bad advice......

Yes, a public apology from them, PLUS a THANK YOU to Both Chappy and Pete for their long service as mods and helpers, would go a long ways toward healing the board people over the whole mess G4 caused by not planning the changes with intent to fully inform the people of board name change and new show ahead of time.

Oops! getting my dander up again. Ok, ok, I will try to simmer down, but this mess could have been prevented if they had done their jobs right or cared about the people. Sigh!!!

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Yes, a public apology from them, PLUS a THANK YOU to Both Chappy and Pete for their long service as mods and helpers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We all know that *Will never happen*...

Since I first started talking to the G4 advertising peeps when the show was very new and I was working in my spare time for Xgaming, I knew they were not on top of anything.. I doubt anything has changed..

On another related note, Google Wil Wheaton and the show Arena I think it was..

He and his partner ended up hating some of the production staff and wanted out because it was a Mess..

I remember he said they couldn't even get *Teams to come and Play* so they (G4) would split up teams they already had and make new ones with new names..

And talk about the Servers!!.. I think that was always and will always be a problem with them...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I found Wil's post on Slashdot..

http://slashdot.org/~CleverNickName/journal/20695

Enjoy because now you have someone of Celebrity Status telling you the truth..

Not me!!!... Wil Wheaton for Gods sake.. :D

Edited by KeithLDick
Posted by blim

I do hope you continue your support here along with so many other fine folks who either joined or got "re-aquainted" at BTs. We need the good guys!

Of course Liz, I have always been here, and always will be.

I made a commitment to Jeff, and the Besttechie Members, to help make this board the best place it can be.

I fully intend to live up to that commitment.

Did you get "re-modded"? Just curious.

Well, that would be a slap in the face really....and I wouldn't accept even if they did. I have no intentions of helping them whatsoever, in any capacity.

by Thesidekickcat

Pete's new screen name over there? I had him on my buddy list, and today it has this name instead, Sauron_The_Morbid, ...have no idea what name means

If its the same spelling, Sauron was the once good white wizard that turned evil in The Lord of the Rings.

by Martymas

Say WHAT????

When did they start doing that to bread?

Geez...I gotta get out more often.

Thanks again everyone.

Hi everyone!!

Later Y'all

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds to me like they might be trying to rebuild some of those burnt bridges Dave. What next? Is leo going to invite Pete back?.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......I am sure I will see you posting away over there soon eh?...