What Is The Meaning Behind Your Screen Name.

What does your screen name mean? to you?

If you are comfortable with it, what would you like to be called here at besttechie.

some alias I have/had.

mikex

mikex30

mike

and a few others

mostly a spin on my name.

I have no problem with folks knowing my name. Call me mike.

I have been call a lot worse. lol

M

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tenmm: is simply that, metric as between 9mm and 11mm I spelled it like that because that was/is the way I needed to spell it for the server here and other places.

I wanted to do it like this "10MM" but it was not long enough and did not start with the all powerfull letter needed. <_<

There is another meaning to it but I will not say here as it is not politically correct,some of you might all ready know. :wacko:

If you feel the need PM I will tell you there. :rolleyes:

BTW folks it is all lower case,I hate formality.

the name of my side company. Rhema7 design

rhema = A Greek word that means any spoken word having a definite meaning. Romans 10:8 uses "rhema" in place of the more common word "logos."

rhema =Rhema (ρημα) is the Ancient Greek word that describes the act of speaking. It can be found in the following New Testament passages: Matthew 12:36

The Rhema is the spoken word. The Bible translates Logos and Rhema as the one word, "word", and it has confused those outside of prophetic congregations. The Rhema is the spoken word of God and denotes the teaching or utterances in which God through someone declares His mind. Rhema is the divine instruction by the preachers of the gospel, words of prophecy and prophetic announcement.

Many interpret as the spoken Word of God drawn from the Logos (the written or inspired Word of God) or utterance given by the logos to deal with current or future situations.

7 is the number of spiritual perfectness

rhema7 is actually my goal, to speak the perfect word of God in life to help others and myself.

Preston

Edited by rhema7

Hoo boy, are you sure you want to know this??? It's a long story. (And great question by the way, Mike, I've often wondered with some of the unusual screennames I've seen!!)

Daughter was at a friend's house talking. Friend's mom came in on the conversation and completely misunderstood what they were talking about, and announced, "but Blimpie sucks" (they weren't even talking about sub sandwiches, but the Mom thought they were!!)

So, Daughter and Friend decided "blimpiesucks" is a perfect word for being totally clueless and confused, and Daughter started using that as her AIM Screenname. But she kept getting "trashed" with that name, so she shortened it to Blim. She changed her screen name again to something else and I stole it because I liked the sound of it. :) Otherwise, I would have been just plain Liz (there arent very many Liz's)

Liz

Edited by blim

1) I was busted in 1975 and the arresting officers called me a crazy f'ing terrorist.

2) I got sick and tired of Bush crying there's a terrorist going to hurt us everytime he got behind in the polls.

I use my normal handle Whiskeyman at G$. This name was given to me by the members of Steamfitters Local 818 (now 264) after I was with them for a year as was their custom. They gave me this name to my ability to consume vast quantities of my favorite beverage Jack Daniels. :thumbsup:

1) I was busted in 1975 and the arresting officers called me a crazy f'ing terrorist.

2) I got sick and tired of Bush crying there's a terrorist going to hurt us everytime he got behind in the polls.

I use my normal handle Whiskeyman at G$. This name was given to me by the members of Steamfitters Local 818 (now 264) after I was with them for a year as was their custom. They gave me this name to my ability to consume vast quantities of my favorite beverage Jack Daniels. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I always thought you were just an a**hole......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Just kidding my friend!....

Edited by Chappy
They gave me this name to my ability to consume vast quantities of my favorite beverage Jack Daniels. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha... I like Canadian Club and Coke tho... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you can hold a barrel of JD.....What the hell does that do with the name The Terrorist? I already knoww but you must make it clear....

Easy, I am NOT a Christian but I am a religous person. Not to get Preston going but most of the world are NOT Christians. So the name speaks for itself......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would never turn this into a lifestyle (I don't like the word religious it is often used as a negative word by un-informed) topic Brother I love you as you are for who you are.

Preston

Might be down your way soon Preston....

My main Bass Guitar needs Fret Work and my guy from L.A. is now building

his own line of custom guitars down there.. Plus I was gonna hit all the local clubs with some musician friends from Nashville I know and drop off a few 100 Resumes for a Job..

Easy, I am NOT a Christian but I am a religous person. Not to get Preston going but most of the world are NOT Christians. So the name speaks for itself......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would never turn this into a lifestyle (I don't like the word religious it is often used as a negative word by un-informed) topic Brother I love you as you are for who you are.

Preston

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Preston you are my friend and that's all that counts. I will always remember this.....Just that I take a lot of crap over my beliefs which are not that far from your owm.....Hahahahahahahaha....

Paternal grandmother was a McGregor, so I am one of the Gregorach (sons of Gregor)

Rob Roy is probably the most famous of our clan

Il, as my daughter would say, 'blessed be'

Personally I have always felt that a person's religious beliefs and politics are their on concern.

Edited by robroy
Might be down your way soon Preston....

My main Bass Guitar needs Fret Work and my guy from L.A. is now building

his own line of custom guitars down there.. Plus I was gonna hit all the local clubs with some musician friends from Nashville I know and drop off a few 100 Resumes for a Job..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you will like it. So we maybe nieghbors (if the resumes work out) I believe hondaboy and I will allow you in our state... uhh! You a TITAN Fan?

me well DERRRRRRRRRRRRR. I love Hondas. Before I matured though I used to be a huge fan of Mobile Suit Gundam (actually still am but to a lesser extent) and all my names had something to do with that like Wing Zero or RX-78 or GP-01 or Burning Gundam crap like that. By the way Gundam Seed sucks but the rest are great. Gundam Seed was too generic and the voicing was horrid. The original which had the same animation quality but better styling than Lupin the 3rd kicked the crap out of seed. I kinda miss being a Gundam Head. Man I wasted a LOAD of money on those action figures :blush: .

P.S. Preston you know I am a Titans fan but even more GO VOLS!!!! GO BIG ORANGE!!!! GO UT!!!!! I like college football. But also GO LIONS!!!!! (not the crappy NFL team my high school's team :) ) and go Tigers (my Middle school's team but i really don't care about them any more i'm a senior in high school.)

Edited by Honda_Boy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Preston

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Preston you are my friend and that's all that counts. I will always remember this.....Just that I take a lot of crap over my beliefs which are not that far from your owm.....Hahahahahahahaha....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will never hear crap from me. Promise.

Well after hearing all the lovely reasons why you chose your screen name, I would have switched over to something great like geekfreak or geekgirl, but I keep rjmiller15 from G4 so all your wonderful people would know who I was and actually talk to me.

rjmiller - My hubbie's name is Randy ®, I am Jen (j) and our last name is miller. That is so genius isn't it?

Also - our son goes by RJ....and the 15 is the day I got married. 9/15/01

I'm sure this new-found info has made your day complete.