Problem With My Briefcase Icon On Windows Me

I posted this topic on the former G4 Tech Support Forum, but that is no more...so here goes.

Got a friend of mine runningWindows ME (blach) on a Gateway Performance 800 pc. Her husband uses the "My Briefcase" folder...he clicks on it and nothing happens, all other icons work properly.

Any ideas on what they can try to open it?

They can right click on it and get the properties menu. She doesn't think it's zipped or compressed, but doesn't know how to tell.

I posted this topic on the former G4 Tech Support Forum, but that is no more...so here goes.

Got a friend of mine runningWindows ME (blach) on a Gateway Performance 800 pc. Her husband uses the "My Briefcase" folder...he clicks on it and nothing happens, all other icons work properly.

Any ideas on what they can try to open it?

They can right click on it and get the properties menu. She doesn't think it's zipped or compressed, but doesn't know how to tell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Add/Remove in Control Panel, go through Windows Setup and Accessories tabs, highlight My Briefcase, and press OK twice. Insert your installation CD or floppy when asked.. That should repair the path