What About A "star" Rating System

This is just a gag so don't get all flustered, but Jeff is there any way you could add the old "star" rating system. I really kind of miss it. I mean you could link the rating to all the "expert" ratings you have now. As for me you might have to add like a "lame ass" catigory eh?......Hahahahahahaha.....I know it's lame but I still miss it....

This is just a gag so don't get all flustered, but Jeff is there any way you could add the old "star" rating system. I really kind of miss it. I mean you could link the rating to all the "expert" ratings you have now. As for me you might have to add like a "lame ass" catigory eh?......Hahahahahahaha.....I know it's lame but I still miss it....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For il_wiccan

mozillastar6tk.png

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you know you're right..as much as people complained about it..it had a certain somthing that kinda kept it lighthearted...unless you took it too seriously..cough..umm..huh..?? :lol:

i kinda miss it too.. :rolleyes::wacko:

Yea I know, it was an entertainment thing for me. I mean when Pete, Dave and all the rest got 1 stars for being perfectly correct I just got a big laugh from it.......ANd then the total BS answers usually got no rating at all......I don't know it was just fun for me and that's all. I never took it seriously for sure but I guess some people would/do......

Yea I know, it was an entertainment thing for me. I mean when Pete, Dave and all the rest got 1 stars for being perfectly correct I just got a big laugh from it.......ANd then the total BS answers usually got no rating at all......I don't know it was just fun for me and that's all. I never took it seriously for sure but I guess some people would/do......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya but i do remember a certain NZ'er getting a bit twisted about it.. :lol::lol:

just kidding marty... :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya but i do remember a certain NZ'er getting a bit twisted about it.. :lol::lol:

just kidding marty... :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, Marty didn't like them at all! (No offense Marty! :thumbsup: )

I got a kick out of them too..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL,...

Ya, I miss it as well..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep....those stars were a real rush sometimes.... :lol:

Hey il_wiccan....made this just to kid around with ya... :lol:

Here's one for ya...

what the hell is wrong with you il_

bringing up a subject

im against.

if posters like this innovation

why not join the army .

those stars discriminate between the bright and the ordinary poster.

we saw that at c.f.h.

and i thought on this board we were all the same.

hey

remember what happened at g4 recently

dont let us get to uppity

ha ha ha hey thats a new word

marty

Marty that is my point. It was so obviously stupid it was funny. I mean when people would get a one star for saying hello to someone you know?.....Hahahahahahahaha.....BTW I already did my hitch with the Army for sure....about 35 years ago.....

Marty that is my point. It was so obviously stupid it was funny. I mean when people would get a one star for saying hello to someone you know?.....Hahahahahahahaha.....BTW I already did my hitch with the Army for sure....about 35 years ago.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey il_

you certainly bring up subjects

which make us post

yes your an asset to the board .

marty

i remember jokers was against it

and resigned from the board

she pmed me

so it wasnt all peaches and cream.

any one know her website address

i have it on a cd

but i loaned it to a freind

yo team i found it

====================================================

http://81x.com/arius/123

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

marty

Edited by martymas

hey team looks like ive been outvoted

but i except majority rules

what ever is good for THIS board

is good enough for me

i remember tho

not all posters were for it

and i got many pms.

from people for the stand i took .

how ever i except board policy

marty

i remember jokers was against it

and resigned from the board

she pmed me

so it wasnt all peaches and cream.

any one know her website address

i have it on a cd

but i loaned it to a freind

yo team i found it

====================================================

http://81x.com/arius/123

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

marty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i miss joker....noticed she does have a link to here tho...if she's lurking out there..a big hey..and she should know that my daughter still laughs about her laughing kitty.. :lol::wacko::blink:;)

Can someone fill me in please??? What would this star rating be based on??  How would it work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The TTV star system was an attempt to make it easier to filter the noise on the boards in a democratic way. Users could give posts a rating from 1 to 5 stars (or 0 to 5... nah, I think it was 1 to 5). The average rating was displayed in the header of the post. It didn't work. At all.

(And no, I'm not still bitter about getting one star for joking that I preferred Greek atomism to quantum mechanics.)

Edited by jcl
Can someone fill me in please??? What would this star rating be based on??  How would it work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The TTV star system was an attempt to make it easier to filter the noise on the boards in a democratic way. Users could give posts a rating from 1 to 5 stars (or 0 to 5... nah, I think it was 1 to 5). The average rating was displayed in the header of the post. It didn't work. At all.

(And no, I'm not still bitter about getting one star for joking that I preferred Greek atomism to quantum mechanics.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and plus it cause a huge problem for serious poster and reader. many user in TTV use star rating for fun and cause for read to look at the star but found out it not important information.

I dont want that happen to BT, i knwo it a friendly community but still