Fastest Way To Get Banned On G$

I bet if you posted this story over there on that "other" place it would set a record for getting banned........

Woman Gets Cable Bill With Derogatory Name

Email this Story

Aug 17, 8:30 PM (ET)

CHICAGO (AP) - LaChania Govan said she got bounced around by her cable company when she called to complain. She made dozens of calls and was even transferred to a person who spoke Spanish - a language she doesn't understand.

But when she got her August bill from Comcast she had no trouble understanding she'd made somebody mad. It was addressed to "Bitch Dog."

"I was like you got to be freaking kidding me," said Govan, 25. "I was so mad I couldn't even cuss."

Govan said the only thing she did to Comcast employees that might be considered rude came after a few dozen calls when she felt she was treated shabbily. "I did tell them, 'You know what, it has to be a qualification to work for your company that you have to be rude,'" she said.

Govan said she talked to a supervisor and he offered her two months free service, which she turned down.

Finally Wednesday, about two weeks after she got her bill, somebody from the company left a message on her answering machine in which the caller apologized.

Comcast officials said it shouldn't have happened.

"We only use the actual customers names on the bill," said Patricia Andrews-Keenan, a Comcast spokeswoman.

Company officials went through the records and identified two people who were involved with the name change and fired them, Andrews-Keenan said. It's unknown why the employees did it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I think posting anything against leo, fae, UW, comcast, or even posting the rules of the forum would be just as efficient.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you know what..i just posted the infamous changes/rules memo in the "some answers" thread and engaged in a really sweet flame war with some boneheads over there..and as of 5-min ago i was still not banned...they removed the memo from my message(they really don't want that memo floating around.. :wacko: )..but did not ban me..

but i'm over g4 now...had my say..expressed my anger/frustration about how they treated our friends chappy and pete_c.. and generally left no feeling i had unspoken...and WILL NOT BE BACK THERE..

i feel much better now..but now i need to get de-contaminated..shower..wash my mouth out with soap..wipe my feet and burn whats left of the cloths on my back..

:whistling:

then i think i'll stop by the TT's bar to tell old war stories and slide back to my lurker mode.. :ph34r:

Edited by screi

Went over there for a quick looksie and good for you, Screi. Tenmm and Bearskin, too!!! This quote from an admin merited a copy and paste:

"You guys say we never inform you about anything, but when we hand you the TRUTH for clarification, you twist it and turn it into a ridiculous conspriracy."

Ummm, wasn't that what Chappy did???

Liz

Went over there for a quick looksie and good for you, Screi. Tenmm and Bearskin, too!!!  This quote from an admin merited a copy and paste:

"You guys say we never inform you about anything, but when we hand you the TRUTH for clarification, you twist it and turn it into a ridiculous conspriracy."

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya these new order folks are quite a bunch...they even claim now that someone digitally manipulated the memo...wow..

Watch your step over there Liz, barnyards are cleaner than that place.

I think G$ is driving people to drink!!! :rolleyes:

Wayne, you and your fellow warriors fought a great battle. I am sure that many lurkers were able to see you were right. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

I wonder if we can get Tootsiedog (sp?) to come over here? He was calling it like it really is there too. Good for him. Maybe I will go back tomorrow, and try to find him to send him a PM invite.

I think someone's avatar over there with BestTechie. net, etc., and Go to BestTechie I think, should get top prize for great chutzpah (sp?) of tossing it in G4's face that this is the place to be. I hope they didn't ban him. I can't remember his name, (edit Spazmatic maybe?) saw him over here too, but didn't see that avatar. Talk about getting the message across in best way possible. More power to him. :thumbsup:

I can't make the G$ system log me out. Says something like error, no such person or something like that.

Maybe I will have to post my lost my temper post from here about D...then I can get banned so I can finally log out???? Ha Ha!! :unsure::wacko::rolleyes:

Do we have a decontamination booth for those leaving G4 to clean up???

Sure glad I wasn't over there for last few months, so it doesn't seem so hard now to let go of what TTV (my first boards), and it's reincarnation of Tech Support, meant to me originally, especially with many of the same people now over here.

Take care folks. Glad you are all here. Pat.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

Sidekickcat thinking of doing something to get banned???? Oh, my, *covers my eyes and ears* Alright, who corrupted you??? You're not naughty enough, sweetie, it just isn't in your loving spirit.

Don't worry about me, I just lurk!! :pirate::ph34r:

Liz

Went over there for a quick looksie and good for you, Screi. Tenmm and Bearskin, too!!!  This quote from an admin merited a copy and paste:

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya these new order folks are quite a bunch...they even claim now that someone digitally manipulated the memo...wow..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for hangin' in there Wayne(everyone else too). I did not go back after the missfae incident until tonight, I had to take the ol to the hospital for stomach problems, they thought it was her appendix, but it was ok. They are keeping her overnight anyway, so just me and the three heathens at home :)

Oh well, life goes on. I just have a problem with people talking crap, when they don't know what they are talking about. I think I'm gonna go over to the Terrorists bar and have a cold one. I must say I never thought I'd be drinking a beer with a terrorist, instead of shooting him though ;) Just kidding TT-The Marine starts coming out in me after a few.

thank you sidekickcat..a bit out of character for me..but something about this event really touched a nerve in me..i've been the victim of corporate boneheadism too many times in my life i guess...

WOW!!!

I never knew how bad things have gotten over there. Popped into the place and snooped around. (normally only stop at Tech Support)

My My My!!! What a mess they made of the place....LOL

Now I can understand everyones change of attiude. It's even worse then when the merger happened.

Now I understand where screi and everyone else is comming from.

thank you sidekickcat..a bit out of character for me..but something about this event really touched a nerve in me..i've been the victim of corporate boneheadism too many times in my life i guess...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya know, that is alot of it for me too. I have fell prey to corporate myself, 2 times now. I wonder how these people sleep at night.

WOW!!!

I never knew how bad things have gotten over there. Popped into the place and snooped around. (normally only stop at Tech Support)

My My My!!! What a mess they made of the place....LOL

Now I can understand everyones change of attiude. It's even worse then when the merger happened.

Now I understand where screi and everyone else is comming from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very very sad..i really felt bad for the folks desperate to find their archived posts..and member lists.....chappy at least gave us a heads up..most got no warning..poof all your hard work is gone..with not so much as a sorry...just a "too bad..get over it..."sigh :(

and i keep forgetting to express to jeff how very much i appreciate his efforts to provide this comfortable refuge for us..Thanx JEFF...

Edited by screi