hi team im haveing taskbar problems my task bar is to far up the desk top.

i can bring it back to shape when i uncheck quicklaunch.but i lose my task bar icons.when i check quick launch. the icons appear but the task bar is to.

far up the desk top..ive had this seveal times in the past .but the brain cells are not working .

can some one steer me in the right direction

marty

why are we getting the same problem,marty?

what i mean is we forget all those simple steps we have learned before. :D

age is not the factor on my side,definitely! LOLZ hehehe...

have you checked your taskbar properties?

trial and error,try checking and unchecking things right there.

hi ghorjus

i just cant get the dam thing right

ive fixed it before .but like you say not age but missing brain cells

SYSTEM RESTORE WILL FIX IT BUT ILE TRY KELLYS CORNER FIRSTive get it in my favourites.thanks team .ile post back

marty

Hi Marty

Your quick launch icons should still be there, it only shows a few and hides others underneath.

You should have a small double >> in the quick launch area, just click on that and the missing items will pop up in a menu style thing.

When you have more than 3 quick launch items this is the way XP handles them with a small taskbar.

Dave

Not a problem old friend!

I know what you mean also, I was away from my machine for a little over a month and it feels like I'm starting all over again...things that were so natural B4, I now have to stop and think for a second.

Am I getting old??

:D

Dave

Not a problem old friend!

I know what you mean also, I was away from my machine for a little over a month and it feels like I'm starting all over again...things that were so natural B4, I now have to stop and think for a second.

Am I getting old??

:D

Dave

so i guess its not just marty and i that are having "memory lapse" eh :D

nice to see you again chappy. :D

In XP:

Right click My Computer / Properties / Advanced /

under "Performance", click "Settings" / "Visual Effects" tab /

scroll to the bottom and make sure there is a check in "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop / Apply / OK

Or use a program like Iconoid.

On the screenshot, on the Homepage, just pass your cursor over the tabs, and you'll be able to see what it does.

yes tg1911 has the answer .

tje best part being a member of a board like this some will post a fix.

and i used to put the fix in a folder but now i try to rememberit and im afraid im i have memory lapses .

hate to admit it but i need to tell the truth.that way i can get help from the board .

the problem with forgetting the fixes we tend to keep asking the same Q more than once .when i was at techtv c.f.h .

i had over 600 tips in a folder and half the time i didnt know where to find.them

so i deleted them and tried to start a fresh folder .at the time i didnt have a burner so they cluttered my sys .now i have a burner.so i can put them to a cd.

god im getting carried away with this post.you guys take care.

i have a lot of regard for you people except the ones that send me that ip sig

marty