Whiskeyman's Bar

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok everyone its my superbowl birthday bash, drinks on the house for those old enough to drink. Sodas for the young uns.Liz says she will make sure I don't fall into the pool so I'll take a nice 12 year old single malt scotch please - no not a shot - the bottle hehe

As George Carlin said in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Party on Dudes

OK, Robroy, so you snuck back into the Bar after I took you home?!? He didn't lose the kilt on my watch! :D Still trying to figure out how you got past the snowfencing and bubblewrap.

Gee whiz, it's been busy at my house. I don't get it, this is hibernation season! Between the kids (who are ADULTS NOW, they shouldn't be taking up my time, but it never ends, does it? Thank God.), a sister that has been calling me every day and the "nut with a walker" (the old lady I take shopping and that's HER term, not mine) its been chaotic here. Seems all I've been doing is blabbing on the telephone. And I can't vacuum while blabbing on the phone! Kitchen has been kept squeaky clean, though.

All I want is a quiet "nothing on the schedule day" so I can do the income taxes and the kids' Financial Aid Forms. I punish myself and spend an entire day doing that task--too hard to stop and pick up again. Better get it done soon, my "deadline" for the Financial Aid stuff is Feb 14 (10 days before the "real deadline")

I HATE working with numbers, I stink at math.....so if I ever get testy, it's because I'm dealing with all that number crap. Y'all have been warned :rolleyes:

Bozodog, I'm betting you're going pretty nuts hobbling around with that hip! But so glad that your paw if feeling good. When do you go in for a check-up?

Liz

Chris made me sell the jack hammer to the doc, told me he had to break out a driveway

hope the doc visit goes good

Btw Liz you can't keep a Scot away from his uiske beatha (water of life) (whiskey) and you left the bottle on the barso I went back for it

Chris made me sell the jack hammer to the doc, told me he had to break out a driveway

hope the doc visit goes good

Btw Liz you can't keep a Scot away from his uiske beatha (water of life) (whiskey) and you left the bottle on the barso I went back for it

This Dutchman never allowed a bottle to remain on a bar unless it was emptied first.:whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Arrrggghhh :pirate: I need a drink or four. Ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong?

Bought a new tv because Daughter took the spare to college. Son decided to "dink around" with the color settings and "needed" my opinion. We do NOT work well together with techy things like color settings. He is soooo impatient! Artsie and Tech don't work well together. Ended up saying "fine" to everything and the red is still too glaring.

Bought new globes for the Living Room ceiling light. There were stickers on them that left adhesive when I scraped them off (why oh why do they put stickers on glass??). No problem, got out the nail polish remover which removes that sticky stuff just great. The nail polish remover bottle decided to jump off the kitchen counter onto my poly'ed hardwood floor. Nice dull spot on the floor now.

Then made wet burritos for supper. I was stirring the meat mixture and it jumped out of the pan all over the stove, down the front, into the dials, on the floor.....finally gave up on projects today! Tomorrow will be better, right?? :pirate:

Ahhh, I'm better now....thanky barkeep!

Liz

Hmmmm......

Well, I wish I could add some fun to the mix here, but I have been waiting for "moving day" for 3 months.......

See, they're gonna demolish the apartment that I currently live in, and rebuild the whole area from the ground up - Problem is that they have to continue the work on the drawings (plans) and until they are done, we have little idea as to what they are doing, so I am waiting for the "go ahead" on a couple items. See, the current setup now has 2 globe ceiling lights in place, and because I want to have a half way decent ceiling fan light in my new livingroom and bedroom areas - I asked for them to be installed, but because they are not "required" under ADA, they will install some garbage lighting that I will have to pay to have the landlord replace.

Problem is, that I have to keep asking what thier status is, and without knowing what the hang is going on, its hard to plan to do anything, and they want to start the construction April 1, but I doubt that will happen, since they have told us (my roomie and I) that they will show us the planned out living quarters, allow us to make suggestions and possible changes, and then they will build 2 fully accessable wheelchair units for my roomie and I: 1 bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and livingroom, with storage and the whole nine yards - So I will have one side of the hall, and he will have another.

Funny thing is, that when I asked if they were gonna put a shower bench (one is already in there now, so makes sense) they said again that it wasn't "required" as if it really wasn't - and I asked for a 2 Bowel Sink, which they say also is "not required" so I don't really know how much $$ I am gonna have to lay out because no one can tell me anything other then "wait till its done"

GRRRRRRRR - why is it that things that are so awesome have to be shrouded in mystery, suspense, and be unknown???

Bartender: a TALL Shirley Temple if you please *winks and grins at Liz*

May I join you??

Brian

Winks and grins right backatcha, Brian and raises my glass! *Skol!!* (that's "cheers" in Danish...)

Wow, what a pain to be "left in the dark" about the whole apartment thing! Keep being a squeaky wheel--if you've been a good renter, your landlord should accomodate your suggestions. After all, when you do move out, you'll be leaving an apartment perfectly suited for folks with wheels. Very important "renting point" nowadays.

And the builder should appreciate your suggestions, too--accomodating wheelchairs is often foreign to builders and the more they learn, the better they will be for future jobs.

And a ceiling fan with a light costs little more than a regular ceiling light, and the costs would be payed back by the savings in AC and heat--let your landlord know that! If the landlord pays for energy, he'll be saving money, if the renter pays, great "renter perk"! We have 10 foot ceilings and I LOVE my fans! We keep the heat down too cool for them to be effective in the winter, but in the summer, oh boy, they are great!

What plans do you have when the apartment gets demolished? I assume from your post you plan on moving back after it's rebuilt.

Me, I've been trying to hibernate! Hasn't happened yet. That book I've wanted to read since last summer is still sitting in the bookcase, my projects are still waiting to be done (although they ARE smelly painting projects and a dining room ceiling that needs to be demolished and replaced, they need to wait till I can open windows). Youngest child has kept me busy helping him apply to the "Big University" and the little old lady I take out for errands has been taking up a LOT of my time lately. Daughter is home on Spring Break from College, it's great that she is here, but oh, boy, she leaves a mess every time she's been in the bathroom--why do girls use BOTH a curling iron AND a hair straightener?? And of course, the laundry, vacuuming and supper duties..

I did succeed in tweaking the new BoobTube, red looks red and green looks green now and those colors no longer "glow" anymore :thumbsup: It is handy to have a remote for the television to control the volume during commercials (That's right, the old one didn't have a remote! Yes, it was that old, but it still worked fine, why replace it till we needed to, right?? Hubby REALLY loves the remote!)

Liz

Liz

Edited by blim

You can get decent Hunter ceiling fans with lights for $50-85. Find someone local that can install them in place of the present ceiling light. Most handy men can do the task for $25-50 if they don't have to install a new box or wiring.

You can get decent Hunter ceiling fans with lights for $50-85. Find someone local that can install them in place of the present ceiling light. Most handy men can do the task for $25-50 if they don't have to install a new box or wiring.

Better yet, Brian, tell the landlord that you will buy the fan (or pay for the difference between the light and the fan!) if he can get his electrician to install it instead of the ceiling light! You'll both come out ahead!

Wackyweek here. Daughter is home for Spring Break. She was supposed to go down to Florida to see her boyfriend (he's going to school there), but they broke up just before Spring Break started. Hooray! OK, OK, I didn't like him....but when parents dissaprove of a relationship, it just brings them closer, so I've been biting my tongue for 2 1/2 years. AND I don't have to worry about her driving down to Florida! Phew! Her friends have been outstanding keeping her busy--she's been home about 10 minutes a day! And tonight....she is out with the guy her BF was jealous of heeheeeheeee... :)

Liz

I need a damn drink, I thought just maybe Michigan was past winter. It was 60 today and it's going to be 65 tomorrow. But after that it's suppose to snow and be really cold, Michigan weather is so depressing. :(

Tecumseh? Ah heck, Carn, you're practically in Ohio where it's always warm! (65?? oooh!) I'm halfway up the Left-side-of-the-mitten in Hicksville.....we won't see real spring till close to June.....my rule--every month that has an "r" in it will be cold--and May means "may"--may freeze, may melt, may blow you way, may flood, who knows?? But sure am enjoying this little respite with the weather (we didn't get our January Thaw). I have crocuses and snowdrops trying to pop out due to today (which will probably die due to the snowfall coming!)! Let's do a "warm weather dance", maybe the snow will forget to arrive!

High wind warnings on tap for the next 24 hours....flashlights are "in position" :thumbsup:

Almost hung laundry on the clothesline today (I miss the smell of line dryed laundry!) but decided against it when the clouds started gathering. Didn't want to jinx the weather.

Liz

Minor snows showers might spring up here during the week but that's normal for the Great Lakes region. Right now the heavy rains and thunderstorms have passed through with more expected later this afternoon.

I got some of my yard work done this weekend. I need to get a truckload of top soil to repair the damage to my yard due to a friend doing me a favor by plowing earlier heavy snows this winter. I can't believe he pushed the snow so far onto my side lawn. There's two forty foot long and one foot deep ruts to fill in. Much of my yard could be reseeded anyhow so I think I'll just rototill most of it, rake it out and seed.

HAPPY SAINT PATRICKS DAY EVE!!

Time to get things started, Mates!

Paddy, the famous Irishman, is driving home after downing a few at the local pub. He turns a corner and much to his horror he sees a tree in the middle of the road. He swerves to avoid it and almost too late realizes that there is yet another tree directly in his path. He swerves again and discovers that his drive home has turned into a slalom course, causing him to veer from side to side to avoid all the trees.

Moments later he hears the sound of a police siren and brings his car to a stop. The officer approaches Paddy's car and asks him what on earth he was doing.

Paddy tells his story of the trees in the road when the officer stops him mid sentence and says, "Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"

I snuck behind the bar when Terrorist wasn't looking---Green beer and Guinness on tap!

Liz