Whiskeyman's Bar

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Easy Bargain department store down the street form me used to have a nut roasting machine. I would buy a pound of hot roasted Spanish peanuts and pig out while shopping there. I miss those days.

WOW!!! I remember those.

Man they were great.

Mmmmm, hot nuts. Many taverns around here have a machine that keeps cashews, redskins, and spanish nuts hot for serving. De-e-elisch.

Spaeking of peanuts.... We grow them here, why are they so dang expensive? Cripe! I can get a good cut of meat for the same price as a pound of nuts.... My hubby says he won't buy them, because in the UK they are less than half the price as here. What's up with that?

*subsidies? Hmmmm?* Like I grow 2000 acres of peanuts and can't make a living for my family... Bleh. (but I can own/owe millions of $$ of equiptment)

I'll have a diet coke to go please, off to work for me today.

Set 'em up folks.... I'm scheduled for surgery on my wrist the 31st... Gotta quit smoking for 10 weeks or so and I will be in a cast for 7. Bleh! Don'cha know I'm gonna get fatter? *lubes the fridge door and removes all sharp objects from the house...... Sweet Brit is quiting with me. Akkkkk!

Good luck with both the surgery and the quitting, if you can quit for 10 weeks you can quit. If I could do it then the two of you together should find it easier, my family still smoke.

bozodog!!! What can I say. Both of you quitting at the same time. and with a stay at the clinic.

Going to get rough. But hang in there. You both can get through it. Go bozodog Go :thumbsup:

Thanx folks! The "great smoke quit" is going well. I planned to halve my use on Thurs. Did 30% less than that! Today, another 50%, only two less than yesterday. Half again tomorrow and Sunday begins smoke free. I can do this.

The toughest time is gonna be staying occupied while I'm inferming after surgery. Oh, and staying on my dang diet. *THAT is not an option!*

Day two didn't go so well. Sweet Brit and the critters were ducking and dodging most of the day... And I went 2 cigs over my ration. This morning ain't lookin' so good either... What is it with coffee, computers and cigs???

Methinks I'm going back to bed.

Over the hill??? No way!! I'm dying here... Sweet Brit and I barely spoke 10 words to each other yesterday. And the poor critters are cringing in the corners... I sure wish it was summer so I could get out and chainsaw a few trees, doubledig a garden, kill some poison ivy... you know distructive "I GOTTA KILL SUMTHIN" behavior.

I keep telling myself, the doc said quit at least until the cast comes off. (7 weeks from Tuesday) If I still feel this bad, I will not go the rest of my life wanting something sooo bad. If I'm over it by then... fine, I've done a good thing.

I think I need some real punishment. Set up the Tequila and limes....

NEW DRUG!?!

>

> Do you have feelings of inadequacy?

>

> Do you suffer from shyness?

> Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

>

> If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or

> pharmacist about Tequila.

> Tequila is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about

> yourself and your actions.

>

> Tequila can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world

> that you're ready and willing to do

> just about anything.

>

> You will notice the benefits of Tequila almost immediately, and with a

> regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you

> from living the life you want to live.

> Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past, and you will

> discover many talents! you never knew you had.

>

> Stop hiding and start living, with Tequila.

> Tequila may not be right for everyone.

> Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use Tequila.

>

> However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are

> encouraged to try it.

> Side effects may include: dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration,

> erotic lustfulness, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of

> money, loss of virginity,delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache,

> dehydration, dry mouth,and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night

> rounds of Strip Poker,Truth Or Dare, and Naked

> Twister.

>

> Ask Your Doctor or Pharmacist.

Oh and 2-3 pounds of cashews pleeze.......

"To-Kill-ya" Yeah!! Unfortunately I've never liked the taste of it....

Oh, my Gosh! Speaking of Over the Hill, I DO need a drink! Having a 21 and a 23 year old, I've always prided myself for NOT being a Grandmother yet...I'm not old enough! Grandma Blim? Nuh, uh, not me! I'm still 18 inside! I don't have that many gray hairs (only had two until Son started driving and I had to spend 50 hours behind the wheel with him, now I have too many to pluck...I blame HIM, not age!)

Today, Daughter went to the Surgeon for a consult because she has either a cyst or clogged duct in her breast. The Surgeon suggested waiting 2 months before removing it (to see if it goes away on it's own) because if he did remove it, it could render her unable to breastfeed her children. *HE WAS TALKING ABOUT MY FUTURE GRANDBABIES, FOLKS, AND NO ONE IS GOING TO MESS WITH THE WAY THEY GET NUTRITION!* Daughter said the look on my face was hilarious, like "Oh, no you DON'T mess with MY future Grandbabies, Mister!!" Needless to say, I piped up with a "yes, wait 2 months!"

Oh, my Gosh again! I was thinking like a...a...Grandmother! :o:o Oh my Gosh! Noooo! I'm not old enough to even THINK like a Grandmother! Where did these thoughts come from! Oh, I'm old *slaps forehead*. Oh my Gosh!!

Barkeep, 3 beers, please! :pirate: (OK, admitting I'm a cheap drunk...)

Liz

Well, we are off for a 3 day holiday on Lake Michigan... Mmmm, love those sunsets. Long walks on the beach and woods, good food, wine and DVD's for the evenings.... So, doc appointment this afternoon, a scenic drive to the lake, home Monday afternoon, surgery Tuesday... I'll be back as soon as I come down from the pain killers....

*HUGS* y'all!

Jeesch! I'm not even at hospital yet and I need painkillers! Halfway home our Chevy pup decided it wanted a new serpentine belt, complete with idler. $98 and an hour later........ Sure glad we took the back road scenic route and not the highway....