Lets Understand.

We try to help and be friendly. We poke kind-hearted jokes to those who know we are joking.

To all the new comers please remove the crap from your shoes, we are trying to keep this place clean.

Trolls will be tried and hanged! err Trolls will be hanged!

You will find we are a motley crew here. But there is a bit of harmony.

That said, Welcome.

mikex

Directed to the lower lifeforms that may come by. From what I have read from the new posters everyone are more mature than *4.

Didn't intend any disrespect, I was a new member, just as everyone else.

I apologize if I offended anyone.

M

Edited by mikex

Is this just a general statement just to make things clear, or have you actually noticed the forum to become different since the g4 thingy??

I personally have noticed that the news / flaming of this whole thing has drastically reduced in the last day, so I'm sure it will be foregotten in no time!

Brett

Is this just a general statement just to make things clear, or have you actually noticed the forum to become different since the g4 thingy??

I personally have noticed that the news / flaming of this whole thing has drastically reduced in the last day, so I'm sure it will be foregotten in no time!

Brett

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sure hope so. Lets put this behind us and get back to our Besttechie community :)

i don't think that mikex was saying that it was bad or anything. it's just that there's alot of thread and posts about G4 here. most of us had finally left G4 or were posting very little there and then all this. it's alot more than we were used to. but like brett5150 said things are calming down now and soon it will be better.

We try to help and be friendly. We poke kind-hearted jokes to those who know we are joking.

To all the new comers please remove the crap from your shoes, we are trying to keep this place clean.

That said, Welcome.

mikex

Directed to the lower lifeforms that may come by. From what I have read from the new posters everyone are more mature than *4.

M

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read it once again, I think Mike is making a good hearted humorous welcome, mateys, with a teeny tiny reminder to keep the calm friendly atmosphere here :) Shiver me timbers! Arrrggghhhh!! (oooh, can we get a pirate smiley? that would be so cool!)

From fellow member of the motley crew.

Liz

he brings up a very interesting point thought. now with so many new friends here from G4. Trolls might follow them here. after all Trolls only have fun making all the happy people miserable and i think that we have learned how to deal with them. by not responding and letting the Mods talk to them. where on G4 so many good members have been sucked into the Trolls game.

message to all members

eventually some trolls will come here from G4 and try to cause trouble. just ignore them, they only want to cause trouble and make you angry. if you have to notify a Mod or there is an ignore member button for everyone to use. but don't let them suck you into their game. if they can't cause trouble they won't stay. i'm young but i've been floating around the net longer than most and they hate it when they can't cause trouble.

I know all of the trolls from over there and they know me very well. Between mlegg and I the trolls took a thrashing. Chappy is staying so it will be easy to contact him to deal with them. Never feed them they may get comfortable and not want to leave.

That said, Welcome.

mikex

M

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read it once again, I think Mike is making a good hearted humorous welcome, mateys, with a teeny tiny reminder to keep the calm friendly atmosphere here :) Shiver me timbers! Arrrggghhhh!! (oooh, can we get a pirate smiley? that would be so cool!)

From fellow member of the motley crew.

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well-said, Liz!

Besttechie.net is known for a coffee-house atmosphere, laid back friendly. I like it here.

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh, matey!! :D

Then if ignoring the trolls doesn't work, we can go searching for that thread of troll recipes. I bet Mac can put those to use in the Cafe.

P.S. I am more concerned with some of the non-family friendly off-color lanquage coming over from G4. I've already seen a bit of it and sure hope it doesn't continue.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

Where TROLLS are concerned

I'm always available to members of this board, and if I'm not online, or am online but busy and not responding...my email is available to all and using the board email will also get to me.

I will not tolerate Trolls at this community, unlike they were at G4, we have a reputation here that I will defend till the death!!

We ARE the friendliest place on the WWW to come to and get help or just to chat, and I intend to keep it that way.

That said, so far, everyone who has migrated over since my suicide post, has been very well behaved, and are fitting in quite nicely.

Also, I have to mention, that our long time members have been EXTREMELY helpful and understanding to our new members, (not that there was any doubt), and I want to Thank You All!!

Take Care everyone, and Enjoy your time here!

Oooooh, TG!! Lotsa Pirates, Arggghhhhh!

:pirate: Ooooooh again, I found one here! :pirate: Clicked "show all" under the smileys!! (never noticed that before. Sigh, I know, ...noobs...) :pirate: Oh boy, I have a new toy....:pirate:

Sidekickcat, methinks that the language will settle down. A lot of folks are upset and confused, and in all honesty, who can blame them?? Oh, how I wish I could curb my pottymouth when I'm mad....but I usually only say the "s" word. Guess that's pretty harmless, but it sure garners attention when I do use it! The dog panics, the kids start apologizing.....but Hubby's immune to it. Musta used it too often on him :pirate:

:pirate: Liz :pirate:

That said, Welcome.

mikex

M

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

here you go.

(hands mikex a glowing stick)

if it'll make you feel any better you can poke me with this pervertible posting stick to pass the time.

Chappy you are exactly right

We ARE the friendliest place on the WWW to come to and get help or just to chat, and I intend to keep it that way.

mac

I'll put this glowing stick in the lead lined box down in the basement.