Need Help With Editing A Picture

So you have two pictures?

Put the pictures in separate layers, so the one you want on top is on the upper layer, then by where the layer list is, you can adjust layer opacity, change it what you want for the upper layer....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I interpreted it as meaning he wants to fade one picture, and make it the background of his site.... Maybe I'm wrong.....

If you post the picture, I'm sure someone can fade it just the way you want. Therefore no one will have to give you long instructions on how to do it.... Just a thought....

Brett

So you have two pictures?

Put the pictures in separate layers, so the one you want on top is on the upper layer, then by where the layer list is, you can adjust layer opacity, change it what you want for the upper layer....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I interpreted it as meaning he wants to fade one picture, and make it the background of his site.... Maybe I'm wrong.....

If you post the picture, I'm sure someone can fade it just the way you want. Therefore no one will have to give you long instructions on how to do it.... Just a thought....

Brett

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe transparent PNGs can do what I think you are saying, but they don't work in IE6 (M$...)

Ok I'm trying to improve the overall look of my website, but ran into a problem.  I want to put a picture in the background, but I want it faded.  To where is almost just blends into the background.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't use Gimp.

Not sure if this can done with Gimp.

In Photoshop:

Just did it before posting, to make sure it will work.

1-Open the two images

2-Duplicate the image to be placed over the second image

3-Lower the opacity of the first (I set it to 50%) and then copy and paste onto the second image

Hope I understood what you wanted.

Edited by handplane

I'm pretty sure all he wants is a faded background pic for his website wallpaper.

I would just use two layers the BG layer white (or whatever color) and you picture layer and set the opacity, merge and save as.