It's a nice site, but I think the color scheme is a little too "simple" or BLAH. I'm not saying it should be rainbow, but maybe a hint of green or blue or something.... Also, I think the text should be one or two sizes bigger.

Other than that, the site looks awesome!!

Hope this helps a little,

Brett

Guest fbelzile

From your GuestBook:

"trying to flood, hack etc. the guestbook will lead to a notification to your Internet provider."

- I'm not trying to be a smart-(you know), but how do you plan on doing this?

Don't say things like this, people might test you...

- Well other than saying that. The site looks good, as mentioned before, a text size of one point bigger won't hurt.

- Moving the "MT designs" logo to the left is what I would have done to make it more noticable.

- You said you wanted the site to look professional? Get rid of your background music! Or if you really want to keep it as I guess you will, at least get that large brown bar for the "background music [play] [stop]" below your logo.

- Adding another color like said before won't hurt either. I dis-like seeing white as a background when there isn't lots of content (especially when the text is small). Try changing the white to a very light shade of the brown you are using.

Sorry if I sound trashy, but thats what I wanted to do. It brings out all the bad instead of comparing it to the good. You wanted a review, you got one!

Your site looks great by the way and keep it up ;)

From your GuestBook:

"trying to flood, hack etc. the guestbook will lead to a notification to your Internet provider."

- I'm not trying to be a smart-(you know), but how do you plan on doing this?

Don't say things like this, people might test you...

- Well other than saying that. The site looks good, as mentioned before, a text size of one point bigger won't hurt.

- Moving the "MT designs" logo to the left is what I would have done to make it more noticable.

- You said you wanted the site to look professional? Get rid of your background music! Or if you really want to keep it as I guess you will, at least get that large brown bar for the "background music [play] [stop]" below your logo.

- Adding another color like said before won't hurt either. I dis-like seeing white as a background when there isn't lots of content (especially when the text is small). Try changing the white to a very light shade of the brown you are using.

Sorry if I sound trashy, but thats what I wanted to do. It brings out all the bad instead of comparing it to the good. You wanted a review, you got one!

Your site looks great by the way and keep it up ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, Ya, I found that guestbook somewhere on the web and it came with that.

Forgot to edit that part.

I THINK you can still find their ISP by a traceroute with their IP.

Hi Sixpac,

I'm not techy at all, but spent many years as an "old fashioned pen/paintbrush and paper artist". You're doing a great job, looks nice and clean and I like the simple color scheme--that "pumpkin" color is easy on the eyes. IF you decide to add another color, go easy with it, use it as an accent, and I can see green going nicely with the pumpkin color.

I like the way the "link box things" (ok, I'm a noob, you know what I mean) on the right side change color when you hover over them--now, if you do add another color, that would be a nice place to add it.

I like the warning on the guestbook--the gadget that shows your address number is a powerful tool to hammer in the warning of being polite.

Only problem I'm having on my end is the type size, as others have mentioned. Needs to be larger and maybe bolder for old eyes (a darker shade of black would offset the pumpkin color nicely, too--compare the logo on the bottom left with the print in the center of the bottom stripe, the darker logo lettering looks sharp!). Some folks still use the small monitors and that would be very hard to read, even with good eyes! Keep plugging, I'll keep checking! :thumbsup: Again, you are to be admired for a fine piece of work!

Liz

Looks good. Web designer/personal sites can be a little different than most professional sites, so I say the text and colors (or lack thereof) is fine. I like the layout, but I dislike the jumpy mouseovers. When I rollover one of the top links, the text jumps around.

Also, your guestbook doesn't appear to be in the same format as the rest of the site, but I'm sure you're planning to straighten that up.

Good job, you 15 year old!

Lol, Ya, the content is old, just a made a new design.

I'll add besttechie.net when I get home (at school) now.

@JSBowen, What browser are you using? I didnt see any "text jumping" with IE 6.0 and the latest Firefox..

Yes, I am going to fix the guestbook.

Will try to get some more work done this weekened.

Looks good, but the text is way small for use in entire paragraphs (at least at my 1280x1024 resolution).

Usually I just CTRL+MouseScroll to increase text size in IE but it didn't work for me on your site. Hmm. I thought it was a built-in function of IE but maybe something has to be enabled/disabled on the site.

Rather than changing the text size (if you like the way it looks right now) maybe investigate why CTRL+MouseScroll doesn't work? ('cause I have no idea how it works.)

@JSBowen, What browser are you using? I didnt see any "text jumping" with IE 6.0 and the latest Firefox..

Yes, I am going to fix the guestbook.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using Firefox 1.0.6 on Windows XP Pro at 1024x768.

I just have one suggestion when a person comes to a website they usually judge the site by it's welcome page. I personally like to start with a picture or logo and a short general statement about the site is about. Sometime making people read on you start page will make people go somewhere else, unless of course it a blog.

I just have one suggestion when a person comes to a website they usually judge the site by it's welcome page. I personally like to start with a picture or logo and a short general statement about the site is about. Sometime making people read on you start page will make people go somewhere else, unless of course it a blog.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

About 99% webdesigns/people I talk to said that splash pages are boring and plain out pointless.

Guest fbelzile

^^ Agreed ^^

OK, I'm back now. Your site looks a lot better, don't you think?

Maybe a little more space between the text and the green dashed line. Just a couple pixels will do. It's kind of hard to read now.

Keep up the awesome work ! :)

^^ Agreed ^^

OK, I'm back now. Your site looks a lot better, don't you think?

Maybe a little more space between the text and the green dashed line. Just a couple pixels will do. It's kind of hard to read now.

Keep up the awesome work ! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^_^, I don't think any smart people are that stupid to flood a guestbook to have "fun".

Just trying to stop those 10 year olds..