Still Not Going Back

Are you going back to G4?  

1. 1. Are you going back to G4?

• Yes
    • No
    • Still hate it but yes

I think I'll spend more time here because I can access this site at school. They blocked G4 (probably my fault accessed everday for 2 weeks straight). Probably won't be long till they block this site. They've even blocked Tom's Hardware and Newegg. :mellow: I think taht was my fault too. ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll spend more time here because I can access this site at school. They blocked G4 (probably my fault accessed everday for 2 weeks straight). Probably won't be long till they block this site. They've even blocked Tom's Hardware and Newegg.  :mellow: I think taht was my fault too.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They do that at my school to. <_<

Use firefox and you can download an extension that will let you goto blocked sites.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thevirtualbrowser.com is what it uses.

I have my own PHProxy set up.

"Smart Filter" (the software they use at my school) is not smart. It blocks google cache, which I have to use when a site from a list of sites that we are allowed to only use is out of bandwidth, is blocked because the page uses a ip address. Smart Filter allows all the bad but blocks the good. Well, I can get to my site that I host at home ok, but "personal" sites are blocked, even though they always seem to contain valuable research data.

And our school website, all the unprotected directories...

yeah, Pete_C did way too much for the old techtv boards, then he went and did way too much for the G4 boards, and what did he get.....?? not too much, i gather. he even helped set up the new boards. anyhow, the mods and admins over at G4 never treated me badly, i was PM'd once or twice, or three times, about reporting an obscene posting someone made, and i was told basically, please do not respond, just PM a mod instead. that responding i was doing (as well as some of you) only "fed the trolls". beyond that, i was as i said, never poorly treated. there are still some regulars there, and i will frequent those boards, mostly the Call For Help board, and i'll be at this site, and some others as well. i think that its true that in all reality, we do owe a dept of gratitude to the mods like Pete_C, mlegg, and the others. if it were not for those people, the boards would have not been to enjoyable to say the least, and afterall, many, many of us have become "cyber friends" all due to the boards. we may live in different geographical locations, even different countries, we all have different views about so many things, and many of us argued a time or two.

but ya'll know what.........we still all basically remained friends through it all, we still have respect for each other, we still communicate with each other, and we still have the same mission in life, and that is to be available and help others when we can.

by the way, C4Hfan (Dan) had posted a thread on the now "old boards" asking for a photo of ourselves. if you click onto my name (pro1driver) above my avatar, you will go to my profile. if i did it all correctly, you will get the shit scared out of you when you see my fugly face.

hey ya'll, we survived so many things in our personal lives, and on the boards. this is just one more survival test for us, and by golly, we're a "lovely bunch of coconuts" that can survive this latest test.

survival island my ass. give us some real shit to survive..........eh......??

What is that extension, all the proxy sites are blocked too. Last year we spent about week looking for a proxy that wasn't blocked. I already keep a firefox install in the unfrozen partition on the computer (on the computer I had last year I had the Half-Life Uplink demo in there and I think it is still there :thumbsup: ).

I am glad CFH is on. I will post on the CFH forum a little, but I would also like to post a little here too. Too bad we are not all on one forum. I think if we are going to move it should be here, not other forums, so must of us will be at the same forum.

I'm finally getting around to moving this thread to where it should be, in Open Chat.

I've just been so busy, and so tired these last few days, I forgot all about it really.

Well, here goes, and a link will be left here for it.

First off

Hats off to you Pete_C. You are a man in the most respectable ways. I felt hurt when G4 went to shit because I voted for you to be a mod. I felt as if I helped "bind" you to that site and everything that went on there.

I want to feel sorry for you being demodded....but....I cant. I do feel they were wrong in the fact the should have let you have a gentlemans departure.

I feel like I am talking to an old friend from school...thanks for you help @ the CFH boards. I can see you taching "kids" and smiling when you see they have caught on to what you are saying.

I know you are in contact to all the "old school" guys from CFH, pass on an invite to this board. If for nothing else just to have a cup of coffee and visit with old friends.

Welcome Home Pete.

Mikex

Carbs, ajd and others, I would still love to hear more from you, I feel I already know a lot of you folks from lurking over there (I never joined because I don't allow cookies with teenagers online), and I hope you made some friends here, I know I did. Think of it this way, the luckiest people have two homes and you certainly have a home here!! Make sure you check in everyday, OK???

Liz

The G$ mod Satiate was logged in here. Must have been spying. Watch your backs when you lurk over there. I'm letting everyone still there know that Tech Support is here. You'll recognize my style. :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha me spy? I bet you never knew I have been with TechTV since 98 when it was ZDTV. I admit I was never on the forums, my place was in the Chat, I only started working the forums a year ago (with G$). Heck I'll be glad to show people from G4 to this board if they need tech support.

The G$ mod Satiate was logged in here. Must have been spying. Watch your backs when you lurk over there. I'm letting everyone still there know that Tech Support is here. You'll recognize my style. :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha me spy? I bet you never knew I have been with TechTV since 98 when it was ZDTV. I admit I was never on the forums, my place was in the Chat, I only started working the forums a year ago (with G$). Heck I'll be glad to show people from G4 to this board if they need tech support.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's cool! I haven't been trusting anyone from there in the mod crew except for Mike. I'm still waiting for an email from a certain someone explaining my ban. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's cool! I haven't been trusting anyone from there in the mod crew except for Mike. I'm still waiting for an email from a certain someone explaining my ban. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yeah, I saw the thread the mike asked why you were banned. And I noticed two different answers. One for posted what chappy posted and the other was language. but I think it's now a one week suspension

Oh yeah, I saw the thread the mike asked why you were banned.  And I noticed two different answers.  One for posted what chappy posted and the other was language.  but I think it's now a one week suspension

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How could I be banned for language? They did away with that rule before I told that fool to go f himself. Even MissFae was swearing. :huh:

I am still amazed that they ban someone for posting what had already been posted.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75