hello i recently bought a new pc replacing my old amd 1000 based pc. Unfortunately tis pc came with a pci slot motherboard. is there any way i can put in an agp card or pcie card with having to buy a new motherboard? are there any adapters or any thing?

thanks. slappy

P.s what is with G4 cutting the tech support forums..

Exactly, unless you plan on doing somethings that will stress the GPU. Whatever it is, since this is an older computer, i suggest you either stick with integrated graphics or get a cheap PCI graphics card. Usually a local computer shop will have some in the bargain bin, or the major retailers may have some on the shelf. If all else fails, you always have the internet (ex. newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com, etc.) :D.

-_- i know how you feel, i got this computer befor i really knew anything about computers and i got stuck with a PCI slot -_-........sucks but ill deal, video cards for PCI do well enough for me ^^;

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As lefty said PCI is not something you have to be ashamed of. PCI is still a great option if you are unable to afford the top models .things. What i would do is look into upgrading in the future so i would look for a 64bit CPU that would work with my PCI slot brd and A PCI-E so latter when i get my bucks together all i would have to do is get a new mobo and well if you have a AGP you may have to get a new card but there are mobo's that have both AGP and PCI ob them.

As far as the posters ? the guys or girls LOL are correct nope you can not do so. perhaps send It back and get a mobo that will work for you

I'm afraid you're stuck with just PCI.

The standard recommendation for a PCI video card is the GeForce FX 5700LE.

There is no reason whatsoever to pay extra for a PCI card with more than 128 MB of memory. There simply isn't a performance difference.

the only drawback of a PCI vs AGp card each with same GPU and memory is the slower bus speed will slow response times

Example:

My grandad's PC Athlon XP 2000+ originally had a 64mb GeForce 4 MX 420 PCI well for a short time i removed it and put in a 64MB GeForce2 MX400 AGP. Lower frame rates in bf1942 BUT when moving the mouse the moving images on the screen were smoother and the there wasn't any mouse lag like there was with PCI GeForce4. But now i don't worry about that at all.

For folks that know me from G4. POINTLESS BUT STILL RELATED STORY TIME!!!!! ^_^

This is why i said that card was in it a sort time. I thought my 5700 Ultra died so I ordered a 6600GT to replace it. While in the midst of using my friends GeForce4 Ti4200 temporarily i decided to give my 5700 Ultra another chance and it worked, but you know I ain't returnin that 6600GT so i crammed that old 5700 ultra beast into my grandad's pc. now games are worth playing on his PC. :thumbsup: to bad his AGP is only 4X i can't max bfv like i could on mine.