Is The Nvidia Firewall Any Good?

My Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard came with a large software package and drivers. I noticed that it had an nVidia software firewall, which I never knew nVidia made. Should I use this firewall? Is it any good compared to the Windows Firewall or other free firewalls?

Thanks.

My Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard came with a large software package and drivers. I noticed that it had an nVidia software firewall, which I never knew nVidia made. Should I use this firewall? Is it any good compared to the Windows Firewall or other free firewalls?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can try it and if it is hard to figure out then, uninstall & use Zone Alarm or

as suggested Sygate Firewall.

You are right there is a Nvidia Firewall

NVIDIA Firewall

A high-performance, hardware-optimized firewall, NVIDIA Firewall protects your PC from intruders by filtering unauthorized traffic. Integrated into NVIDIA nForce3 and nForce2 MCPs with NVIDIA Gigabit Ethernet, it provides professional-grade traffic inspection capabilities, advanced management features--remote access, configuration, and monitoring--and is easy to use and setup via a user friendly wizard.

It looks very technical and I know I will run into problems configuring and using it, not because it may be buggy, but because I won't know what to do. I've used Sygate Free and Pro before, so I think I'll go with Sygate and leave nVidia's firewall to sleep.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/security.html

I like hardware optimized solutions and I like stateful packet inspection.

To me it looks pretty darn good .  I would check regularly to see if they have any updates just in case a back door or flaw is discovered. But I bet it is less intrusive and demanding than a software option.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definitely. Even if you do have to run apache, it's less resource intensive than any fully software firewall I've seen.