G4 Tech Board Gone

Hey Jeff I didn't know for sure where to put this for the most exposure but Dave just said the G4 Tech board is gone as of tomorrow. hahahahahahaha.....I hope all those people come over here but I don't know......Kinda sucks but I just hope we can all settle in here eh? I hope you have no plans for a shutdown soon.....

Dont know if its gone but I found my way here! B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They let me know this morning that it was scheduled to be closed today.

May be lucky and have it open for one more day, but it is going.

That was my big reason for sticking it out there, and I doubt I will be there much after that.

Being a moderator was tough and I am almost glad to put that behind me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was my big reason for sticking it out there, and I doubt I will be there much after that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did a good job-sad to see techtv go down the way it did

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Baker7 is on board: Lets get to work gentlemen :)

Is there a way to move those Sticky threads from there to here, so we can have the information within them.............They are all good....and I think it would be a good Idea to have them over here :)

Baker7

I'm gonna head over to G4 and PM a mod there to see if we can "borrow" the stickies for besttechie. I'm sure they'll have no problem....

EDIT: I just copied (and added link tags, etc) to G4's recommended links, tips, etc. stickie. It took a long time, but I managed to finish it. I contacted a mod at G4 (mlegg510) and asked him if I could post it here, so I guess i'll have to wait....

Well, I would like to give a whole hearted welcome to you folks!! I've lurked at G4 since its TTV days but never joined. You don't know me, but I feel I know all of you! Have a look, you'll see a lot of familiar faces, jump in, check out open chat (soooo much better than that off topic place at G4) I'll put some extra recliners and peanut butter cookies in the Cafe. :)

*hugs to all*

Liz

Its nice to have somewhere to go,even if the mods over at g4 are locking threads about this board and calling them spam.What a bunch of bozos.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is SPAM over there should be any thread that announces the closure of the Techsupport Board, and I say that because there are no admin responses at ALL to explain this, but Mods are locking up all those question threads........Go Figure ;(

Baker7

Guest fbelzile

Hello fellow G4'ers! It's sad that the forum is going down but hopefully more people are going to join here.

Well, I'm sad that the Tech Support forum is going down because it was my favorite and I had lots of good friends there. We will all have to start from scratch with a 0 post count. For here, this is my first post. At G4 this would have been my 2116th.

I'm looking forward with starting fresh here and making new friends but nothing will be like the Tech Support forum at G4.

I'll see you all here.

I made it. I'm still getting my bags unpacked. Hmmm! The new place looks pretty good.

[sniff]But I'll miss home...

Just a couple of minutes ago (2:08pm EST) the G4 Tech Support board was still working. Now that I'm here I'm perusing the threads. It's amazing the amount of people who migrated! I'm recognizing some of you guys from your avatars. Good!

Don't forget home, though. I will keep visiting the G4.ca forums where the Call For Help Canada board is to continue offering assistance and asking for it when necessary.

Somehow, I feel as if Besttechie.net is for tech support pros and I feel like a noob! Hahaha!

B)

I'll put some extra recliners and peanut butter cookies in the Cafe. :)

*hugs to all*

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im still waiting for my Donuts and Coffee. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Liz: You are a sweetie - Thanks for the wonderful welcome ;)

Baker7 aka Brian

Welcome To All

Kick back and enjoy. This is a real nice place. Take a look around and you will see some familiar names from TTV. You will probably recognize more than you think.

Bring all your friends. The more the merrier. Visit BestTechie Cafe for some coffee and donuts and some friendly chat.

We have a mixture of real knowledgeable people and some noobs (me). We hope you enjoy your stay and make it your permanent Tech home.

Barb :D