Waste Of Money

News of the Wierd

Chuck Shepherd's News of the Weird (.867)

WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 19, 2004

LEAD STORY

Business prospects are improving for Christopher Lindhoist and Arshad Chowdhury, who recently opened their Metronaps lounge on the 24th floor of New York City's Empire State Building and whose clients pay $14 to relieve stress by dozing off for 20 minutes in private, specially made, reclining chair-pods with an array of vibrations and sounds to drown out the hubbub of the city. Chowdhury said he studied the science of napping at Carnegie-Mellon University and found a "tremendous amount of research" showing the rejuvenative value of the short "power nap," which he said improves memory, mood and learning. The Metronaps chair-pods (cost: $8,000) are being separately sold to companies overseas and may soon appear in airport lounges. [bBC News, 9-9-04; Boston Globe, 8-3-04]

Do you have money to do this? If so let me know I'll PM you with info on where to wire the money. I'll be your "Sleep Agent".

:blink: