Obsessed With Computers?

I love computers, use them day night and morning (and yes in that order). I use them for creativity, gaming, and socializing. So, how obsessed with computers am i? Well in the last 10 months ive typed 4.5million keys, and clicked half as much. Which means that for each and every second of my natural life (including sleep, showering, on the toilet or pretty much any time im not infront of a computer) i am typing 0.17keys a second!

So that means every 10 seconds im typing in my sleep nearly 2 keys. How obsessed are you?

PROOF! : http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/114121/

Pierce

I'm quite obsessive about computers. I love reading about technology news at slashdot.org, and osnews.com. I love learning about software; it's a mad hobby of mine. I also spend too much time on-line.

Well, I'm glad to read this just because Son had Whatpulse installed and it worried me, I thought it was a keylogger. Son said I was reading too much tech stuff :blink: Me???

Pierce, with your site, at least you have a good excuse (you could even say you type each one of your newstories!!)

Liz

I love computers, use them day night and morning (and yes in that order). I use them for creativity, gaming, and socializing. So, how obsessed with computers am i? Well in the last 10 months ive typed 4.5million keys, and clicked half as much. Which means that for each and every second of my natural life (including sleep, showering, on the toilet or pretty much any time im not infront of a computer) i am typing 0.17keys a second!

So that means every 10 seconds im typing in my sleep nearly 2 keys. How obsessed are you?

PROOF! : http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/114121/

Pierce

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's nice. :unsure: I guess.

i probanly havent been a user, as long as some of you,

but i cant keep off the dam thing ,

i belong to 3 messageboards

world wide. one in my own country

and one in australia .

at first a was making my self so tired i was .

writing gobblydegook

spelling mistakes and what all

i hope ive flattened out now.

sure my posts are still not error free.

but i love it

and i will have a compt for the rest of my life .

if it wasnt for most of you good folk.

i i wouldnt have been able to maintain my compt.

i still have some way to go

but when you learn this game at 50 years old [young]

it is a hard battle

some take to it like a duck to water

and some like me have to battle

would i gve it up thatill, be the bloody day

marty

Its not a keylogger, I examined the headers it was sending and its only keystrokes.

And yes i do write all the news articles that i submit to my site, however. When i was coding the actual site i logged up 250,000+ keystrokes in one week. Being on IRC also helps.

Pierce

Well, I can't say I'm "obsessed" with computers, but I certainly am very interested in their capabilities, and its amazing what can be done with 2 little numbers...1 and 0.

Those 2 numbers can take man to Mars and beyond, then they can turn around and make a birthday card for your kids...that is truly amazing!

Just thinking about what is going on in the background every time you turn on your computer and access the Internet is mind boggling. That it allows us the ability to do what we're doing right now, communicate with people from all over the world in real time, has changed our lives in many ways.

We have friends that we'll probably never meet, but we still call them "Best Friends" and sometimes we know more about our online friends than we do about folks we see daily.

Its expanded our thinking and offered us ways to improve ourselves like nothing else could.

But then its also got its dark side, more so than most things do. It has destroyed families and lives, and alienated some from the real world...but thats still a matter of choice in most cases.

All in all, its arguably been the most influential piece of technology ever invented by mankind, and its available to all of us with the push of a button...amazing!

Obsessed??

No.

As others have said I am "very interested" in what can be done with them.

To be able to go any where in the world in a few key strokes in a couple of seconds.

It never surprises me what can be found with the simple use of a search like Google or Dogpile.

There is literally nothing that can not be found,and the people you meet are as varied and versed as you would ever hope to meet in person.

I enjoy my time on the WWW but life is more than a box and monitor it still requires person to person interaction to be complete.