It's hard to find an icon on a Desktop that's cluttered with dozens of them. Here's a quick way to locate the one you're looking for-all you need to know is the name under the icon. Click anywhere on the Windows desktop and press the first letter of the icon's label. Windows will highlight the first icon it comes to beginning with the letter-if that's not the one you're looking for, keep pressing the letter and watch

the highlight as it cycles through the matching icons.

• 5 weeks later...
It's hard to find an icon on a Desktop that's cluttered with dozens of them. Here's a quick way to locate the one you're looking for-all you need to know is the name under the icon. Click anywhere on the Windows desktop and press the first letter of the icon's label. Windows will highlight the first icon it comes to beginning with the letter-if that's not the one you're looking for, keep pressing the letter and watch

the highlight as it cycles through the matching icons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is so cool !

I hate getting rid of web pages copied from the web and clutter my desktop with them shamelessly. I even have folders within folders within folders... to try to manage my desktop real estate, but it only takes about a week until chaos reigns again.

I've been trying to locate icons by right clicking Arrange Icons and changing the by * ad nauseum until I hit paydirt... this will save so much effort... and it's so elegant in its simplicity !

Thanks for the great tip.

It's hard to find an icon on a Desktop that's cluttered with dozens of them. Here's a quick way to locate the one you're looking for-all you need to know is the name under the icon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My wife is going to love this one! It also work in ANY folder! You keep hitting the letter and it scrolls through all the files using that letter!

BH

• 4 months later...