My New Website

Hi everyone!

I've decided to FINALLY create my own website, and its hosted on my ISP's servers for now. I will soon be hosting select sites on my own server whenever I decide to build a new computer, but I'll tell you more on that later.

Its called "Chappy's TechPortal" and will feature news and reviews on the latest Tech happenings, as well as selected downloads of trusted software.

I'll be inviting all you folks to submit any articles you may want to post on the site, regarding anything you want to talk about in the Tech World. Anyone wishing to do so, will be welcome to submit their articles to me for review, and all selected articles will be posted with full credit going to the Author.

This is an opportunity for all you would-be journalists to try your hand at reporting on todays latest hardware and software news/reviews, and some of you may even be asked to submit weekly/monthly columns...if you wish (and you're good at it..;) )

I'll be working on the site for the next while, and when its ready, I'll post the URL for you all to go see. This will give any of you who may be interested in doing an article for the site, a chance to get your thoughts together and maybe write a practice page or 2.

There's no need for you to write it in any other format other than plain text, as I'll format it properly if its chosen to be published, so anybody can become a "Reporter" for "Chappy's TechPortal" news.

I'll be updating this as things get going.

Later all!

What the hell took you so long?(lol). Glad to hear about this.

Now maybe you'll have something constructive to do besides fill up the joke forum...lol

Dave, you know I'm just pick'n at ya

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"What the hell took you so long?"

Exactly

(looking at watch,tapping foot on the floor) <_<

Great when your done I will see you there. :thumbsup:

Congrats, Chappy!

I agree, it's about time, with your wealth of knowledge. But don't forget to stop by the joke forum here!! Shoot, don't forget to drop by here, period! There are always "lost noobs" like me looking for a village for help!. :)

Liz

That's great.

Now what's the address?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanx for the vote of confidence everyone...remember tho, that you all are invited to submit something for publication too!

Try your hand at writing about your favorite piece of technology, review a new camera or sumthin, lots of stuff that anyone here can do very well at.

Joe

I have the address but haven't even put in index.htm, so there's nothing to see quite yet. I've been doing a little tweaking on a front page to upload right away with the explanation of what I want the site to be, and accomplish.

I'll post the URL as soon as I get it loaded.

Alright Chappy...given the opportunity to throw down some real lingo that everyone is going to read is awesome. I can't wait to test my wits with the others, improving my own characteristics with source reporting...

Definitely lets us all know when...I can't wait...

CRAP!!!

I just visited Pierce's web site for the first time tonite, and found out its very similar to what I have planned to build!!!!

Sorry Pierce, I did NOT steal your idea, I just came up with it a bit late it seems... :wacko:

Well, I've done too much legwork on this already, and have too many experts lined up to write articles, to stop now so I guess it will just be a bit of friendly competition.

The site layout will be totally different but the idea of having anyone able to submit articles, or ideas, is similar. Also the News and general content are pretty much what I had in mind for mine too. I guess I'll just have to write an article for Pierce's site, and maybe he'll write one for mine!!

CRAP!!!

I just visited Pierce's web site for the first time tonite, and found out its very similar to what I have planned to build!!!!

Sorry Pierce, I did NOT steal your idea, I just came up with it a bit late it seems... :wacko:

Well, I've done too much legwork on this already, and have too many experts lined up to write articles, to stop now so I guess it will just be a bit of friendly competition.

The site layout will be totally different but the idea of having anyone able to submit articles, or ideas, is similar. Also the News and general content are pretty much what I had in mind for mine too. I guess I'll just have to write an article for Pierce's site, and maybe he'll write one for mine!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps instead of making a news section on your website, link the news section to Pierce's website--with his consent, of course. That way, you wouldn't have to work as hard and you would get your first affliate, and Pierce would benefit from the increased traffic....just a thought...

Hi Chappy.

I haven't been to Pierce's web site. Or I'm not sure if I have, maybe. But I have noticed by surfing around that many sites are similar in appearance. Most people use different programs that have basic or advanced web pages already installed in them. You just add your content.

Not sure if you are using one of them, or if your starting from scratch, and building yours from the ground up. But the big thing I noticed is content, and how informative it is that sets it apart from the rest. Keep in mind having content for both the layperson who has no idea what they are doing and need it simple, but to the point, and for the more advanced, who understand what you are saying.

So if it is similar in the way it is set up, there are many thing you can do to set it apart to your own style. After all, it is your own site. Make it a part of you. And do the best you can. You can add color, change style, move parts, and set it your way.

Also keep in mind to use meta tags, and add everything you can for keywords. That is what search engines use to find your site when someone types in a search for something. I use many keywords in my metatag. You also have to rearange how some keywords are put. Because people will search for one thing, but search for it in many different ways.

I hope this helps you decide on what to do with your site.

JSKY