Help With A Graphic

I am completely inexperienced with designing any graphic. I need to come up with a grapphic using a simple black out line, or a grey scale image of a computer with the sun or sunlight in the background. This will be used for a yellow pages ad. The companys name is bright-eyed computer. It is for service and repair.

the ad is four inches across, and two inches high. I am invisioning a small graphic on the left side, with my business name, services provided and phone number on the right 2/3ths of the ad.

I would GREATLY appreciate any type of graphic you could design. It just needs to be very simple containing a computer and sun(sun, sunlight, or anything portarying brightness)

Thanks for any help :-)

@handplane

that is nice. I don't want to say anything critical, espessially when you took the time to design something. It would have to be black and white, or actually black and yellow. I guess I am picturing a simpler drawing, without a lot of shading. Maybe even an image of a sun behind the computer, just a thought. I also would like the whole background of the ad to be yellow, with exception to the graphic and the inversing around the letters. So both the phone number and the business name are written in yellow in a black square.

Feel free to laugh at this request, I am sure you have a life, other then my personal artist. In all honesty, I would be able to pay you a nominal sum.

If you want to include this info:

Bright-Eyed Computer  (larger size and inversed)
Computer Service, Sales, and Repiar(medium size)
*Service All Makes and Models(reuglar size)
*Spyware and Virus Removal(regular size)
*networking(regular size)
*sales, and custom computers(regular size)
     www.brighteyedcomputer.com
507-252-0334  (larger size and inversed)

Edited by shanenin
It has to be 288 px by 144 px though right? because it would be very hard to include all that extra info into such a small space. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in all honesty I am not exactly sure. I have an appointment with the yellow pages guy tomarrow.

what would your picture look like in yellow and black?

Edited by shanenin

In all honesty I like the first one. If that could be done with one solid shade of yellow, and the rest grey scale

and just have this info:

Bright-Eyed Computer
          Service
            and
           Repair
  www.brighteyedcomputer.com
        507-252-0334

but keep the proportions of the letters just like you did

You did it exactly how I asked for it, but something isn't quit e right(in my mind).

below is the same size ad of a competiter of mine. See how it does not seem so crowded.

http://yellowbook.com/Listing/INT/1451228/...5901&CT=3&CS=1&

I like the format of the lettering on the right. So it should not be a problem getting all of the info in there

Also I do not think they can print it with different shade of yellow like you did

Edited by shanenin

Alright, I'll get it done in the morning. I'm used to using vibrant colors, not dull. :P

I've searched the net for a long time, but haven't been able to come across anyone in need of web graphics. I'm in need of money, but can't find anyone in need of help, I usually end up just making it for free. Do you got any ideas?

Hi TMetal,

If you're looking for business, I suggest you start in your locality, word of mouth will help you expand--there are lots of folks who don't know how to do Graphics and would gladly pay for someone with your talent.

*Make Awesome looking Business Cards and spread them around!! Grocery stores, laundramats, hardware stores, etc, usually have community bulletin boards and folks actually look at them. You'd be surprised.

Perhaps make a brochure showing some of your designs and give one and a business card to every business you approach. They might not need you now, but may need you later.

Keep an eye open for new businesses and basically knock on their doors.

Look at newspaper and yellow page ads, if a business needs better graphics, approach them and offer your services.

If you can design brochures, most hotels have a huge rack of "tourist attraction brochures" in their lobby. Some brochures are pretty crummy looking. Collect them and contact the business.

Check with your Chamber of Commerce for leads--we live in a tiny town and our Chamber employees have little to do and are usually thrilled to help anyone--they might even supply you with a new business list!

Check with schools in your area

You will probably get a lot of "no thank yous" in the beginning, but keep plugging, and once you do get an account, ask for referrals.

I'll probably think of more ideas once my second cup of coffee kicks in :thumbsup:

Good Luck!

Liz

Here's my last attempt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like that, but it turns out I just need to give him a graphic I cut out of some paper. Then they will let the artists at yellowbook.com do there job. In three weeks I will have a proof that I can make changes if needed. I will show you guys what they come up with.

Thanks for all of everyones effort

I did like your last attemt :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Here's my last attempt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like that, but it turns out I just need to give him a graphic I cut out of some paper. Then they will let the artists at yellowbook.com do there job. In three weeks I will have a proof that I can make changes if needed. I will show you guys what they come up with.

Thanks for all of everyones effort

I did like your last attemt :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wish I had been here back then this is what I do for a living (design Yellow page ads). I work for The Berry Company/ Bellsouth