Never Know What Will Happen.

Hey folks,

As soon as I posted here I got a phone call.

My sister called said her ex husband was just shot. I have known this man for 20+ years he was still my brother-in-law and a good friend.

He apparently had a big family gathering at his house friends, family and good times. For some reason his adult step son started an argument. He shot his girl friend and my brother in law. The girl friend is in critical condition. My brother in law...dead...two shots to the chest.

Talking to people who were at the gatheringg today this guy was drunk and/or high on pills.

It is hard to see a body rolled out with no life.

I do feel everyone has a begeining and an end which are predetermined, but it still hurts.

My wife's brotheer cooked supper tonight, different people.

Take time to mend a relationship, life is short.

Had to rant, can't sleep now, go figure.

M

OMG, that is real sad to hear. My prayers go out to you and all the family affected. So, it is off to prison with that sumbitc#. And "we" get to pay for his three hot's and cot. Some people don't deserve to breathe here on earth.

They say the death penalty isn't a crime deterant, I say at least it gets rid of the social misfits that make our lives h#ll.

Sorry to hear about your loss Mikex.

There seems to be a lot of killings by family members. Kids killing their parents, or grandparents. I just can't figure out why anyone can do this to anyone, especially your own family. :(

These creep sex offenders killing children, that should not be on the streets in the first place. If the child lives, they have destroyed the innocence of this child. They (child) will have to live with this the rest of their lives. The death penalty is too good for them, but it sure gets rid of them, so they cannot harm anyone again.

My rant on this subject.

Mike, it is painful. It never makes sense, and you never forget, but learn to live with it.

My prayers go out to you.

Barb

Mike, I'm so sorry to hear that tragic news. That's awful :( My thoughts are prayers go out to you, your family and all the people involved. I pray the young man gets the help he so desperately needs and for his girlfriend's recovery. Your brother in law (and yes, I know! "ex" means nothing, he still feels like a brother, been there) IS in a better place now, it just sucks how he got there.

I have no Steps to hug but will hug my kids next time I see them and tell them I love them.

And great big hugs to you.

Love,

Liz

Every generation society degrades. Years ago it was said it takes a community to rasie a child, today no one is allowed to correct other peoples children. The child does not know disipline. Spanking is a crime, there are different degrees of spanking some people go to the extreme.

If kids knew there was a reaction for their actions maybe they would think first.

The death penalty.

More people in prison should die! The cost to house, feed, and keep a death row inmate in good health is too damn much. "Everyone has a right to live." is what some people my say...so do I. The person you killed deserves to live also. You killed, now you die. You die in the same manner you killed. Drowning, guns, knives, drunk driving.....within 6 months, you will pay the cost of you food and housing during this time. No press conferences no poor me rallies.

These are some of MY views. If I offened you please do not open this thread again. It is not my intention to start a hate thread. I just needed to vent. If this thread becomes a hate thread I will have it removed.

Thanks

Mike

Good Rant, Mike!!! And don't worry about offending anyone, I frequent the "Rant Forum" here (or tantrum central as I like to call it!) and your rant is well written and makes sense!!! Come visit! After what you've been through, you need to vent, it's healthy.

And you're right about disipline. Talk to any teacher nowadays and they'll tell you NOT to go into teaching---not necessarily because of the kids, but because the parents condone their kids behavior!! Where are the grown ups??

When I was in college taking Psych classes, I learned KIDS NEED LIMITS. There's something in their developing brains that NEEDS to hear "NO". And that was one very important thing I used when I had my kids...and I *gasp* spanked them too(OK, on the bottom only and with the hand) And, thanks to God, I've been told so many, many times how respectful my "young adults" are, especially to older folks. I truly hate to brag, just not my nature, but I do compare my kids to those who were raised "naturally" by friends who wouldn't give up their "Hippie Life Style", and my kids are a LOT better prepared for real life!

I also agree with you about our prison system (oooh, a double rant here, I see) When US was a fledgling, someone broke the law, they were hanged. Simple as that. I'm not naive enough to say each was guilty, I know some innocents died, but it taught a lesson--don't put oneself in the situation that might get one hanged!

I feel sorry for the Death Row inmates being tangled up for so long because of so many lawyers and laws. They should be executed instead of making their families live in limbo. The Constitution (I think, or Bill of Rights?) requires a speedy trial, what happened???

In my area, the prisons are overcrowded so judges are giving "suspended sentences", which is basically no punishment at all--"we'll send you to prison when we get the room". I can see it for the little things, shoplifting, for example, but there are real criminals on the streets living, working, benefiting from suspended sentences.

I'll jump off your soapbox, now :) thanks for sharing it.

Liz

Hey folks,

As soon as I posted here I got a phone call.

My sister called said her ex husband was just shot. I have known this man for 20+ years he was still my brother-in-law and a good friend.

He apparently had a big family gathering at his house friends, family and good times. For some reason his adult step son started an argument. He shot his girl friend and my brother in law. The girl friend is in critical condition. My brother in law...dead...two shots to the chest.

Talking to people who were at the gatheringg today this guy was drunk and/or high on pills.

It is hard to see a body rolled out with no life.

I do feel everyone has a begeining and an end which are predetermined, but it still hurts.

My wife's brotheer cooked supper tonight, different people.

Take time to mend a relationship, life is short.

Had to rant, can't sleep now, go figure.

M

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi mikex,

My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family in this difficult time! That is a real tragedy. Hang in there, man!!

Mike

Thats just terrible news...what in the F*** is the world coming to these days!

It seems that things like this are happening everyday now in our society, and its getting more violent and less caring every second. Too many people would rather settle an argument with a gun, instead of their fists like the old days.

At least then, you go home afterwards and wipe the blood from your nose....but you both went home, and many times it could actually strengthen a friendship. I have a few close friends that I met over a fight at one time.

You can always say you're sorry to the person the next day, but with a gun there is no sorry...just a sorry sadsack a-hole who can only gain confidence with bullets.

My sincerest condolences go to you, your family, and his, for the loss of a family member, and I hope the girlfriend recovers quickly. I'm not sure who's girlfriend she is BTW, was she the x-BIL's or the stepsons?

mikex

First off please accept my sincerest condolences for the needless loss your family has suffered.

Every generation society degrades. Years ago it was said it takes a community to rasie a child, today no one is allowed to correct other peoples children. The child does not know disipline. Spanking is a crime, there are different degrees of spanking some people go to the extreme.

If kids knew there was a reaction for their actions maybe they would think first.

The death penalty.

More people in prison should die! The cost to house, feed, and keep a death row inmate in good health is too damn much. "Everyone has a right to live." is what some people my say...so do I. The person you killed deserves to live also. You killed, now you die. You die in the same manner you killed. Drowning, guns, knives, drunk driving.....within 6 months, you will pay the cost of you food and housing during this time. No press conferences no poor me rallies.

I agree 120%

Very best wishs from me and mine to you and yours.

tenmm

Mike, I am so sorry for the terrible loss in your family. How tragic to lose someone you care about like that. I will certainly be praying for all of you to get through this awful time.

I could cry over all the killings and other evil stuff that seems to be so rampant in today's society. It seems like every part of our country has the same type of thing happening. I agree that things need to change, and that the crime perpetrators need to be more severly punished, not just back out on the street right after booking, so they can continue their evil ways. Frankly the idea of bringing back the stocks to the public square for lesser crimes even sounds good to me. And the death penalty is a joke what with all the appeals.so we need to get back to a real death sentence meaning that happens in say 1 to 2 years, no more, after sentencing. That gives time for one appeal then that's the end. We have an empty brand new never used jail here in Portland, with no money to run it so it stands as a laughingstock for the criminals who have a get out of jail free card due to no money allocated for jail and to the matrix system of releasing the less (which goes higher on crime tree every day) criminally charged 'slime balls' so is another joke for them. I don't know how the police can stand to keep on trying under such a system. Yet they do their best to keep us safe. But when is society going to get over the bleeding heart garbage and deal with the criminal element before they take over completely? What was that movie called, that had Manhatten Island as an entire prison of psychopathic criminals? I think that is what our whole country is going to be like if we don't start dealing with the problems soon. Society has to get back to teaching the difference between right and wrong, in the home, in the schools, everywhere. Yes it is a distinct black and white issue...of course I don't mean b/w as in racial, I mean wrong is wrong and right is right... no muddling around in some nether world of grey.

I am so sorry for your loss Mike. Take care of the rest of your family and friends.

And yes life is to short for estrangements, make amends with everyone before it is to late. We never know when it is going to be to late. We only have now, no guarranteees on the future. So pick up the phone, write a letter, send an email to whoever you haven't seen or heard from for whatever reason. Do it now, you'll be glad you did no matter what happens.

I love you all folks.

God bless everyone.

Mike....I'm very sorry to hear of this tragic loss in your family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Stay strong man...and take care.

Your loved ones around you are going to need you.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Thanks for the kind words.

I just talked with my brother in laws widow, she wants me to have all his computer parts. He had stuff stillin boxes. She said I was the only person to acctually sit and talk geek with him.

It may not be much, but it made my heart hurt. But in a good way.

Have to wait for the sussion<sp>

Mike

Hi Mike

That was awfully nice of her, and it shows your character too, to be the one to sit and talk "Geek" with him...he obviously enjoyed it, because she recognized what mattered to him.

Now, when you use your computer with the New parts, you can be in touch with your BIL in spirit at least.

Chin up friend, we'll always be here for our family when they need a shoulder, or a hand, or just a freindly :)

mikex, I am so sorry to hear the news. My deepest condolences to you and your family. You will allways have a friend here if you ever need to talk.

Hang in there.

James