hi jcl

not quite sure what you mean

will it not run on an ordinary home built compt

with microsoft

drivers. ect

as im a stranger to mac the language needs to be defined for me

thanks

marty

yep it's made specifically to run only on mac hardware or mac clone hardware or you can run an emulator but i wouldn't recommend that. they really really don't want you to run it on just any computer. that's what the whole PC Mac debate is really about. Not which is better but the control of hardware vrs control of software. that the biggest reason why macs are more reliable, they don't have to build support for a ton of hardware since you can only run it on theirs. like i've said before, advantages and disadvantages to such control.

yep it's made specifically to run only on mac hardware or mac clone hardware or you can run an emulator but i wouldn't recommend that. they really really don't want you to run it on just any computer. that's what the whole PC Mac debate is really about. Not which is better but the control of hardware vrs control of software. that the biggest reason why macs are more reliable, they don't have to build support for a ton of hardware since you can only run it on theirs. like i've said before, advantages and disadvantages to such control.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok thanks for your info

i will probably forget about it un less i get a mac sys

thanks again

marty

yeah i know. they very easily could make it so that OS X would run on a PC but they want to control the hardware and make more money. HEY don't do that! especially since MACs aren't mostly memory based systems anymore. they're becoming just high end PCs. which makes the whole MAC vs. PC argument funny since by the time they start using Intels you might as well call them the other computing white meat. HEY stop that! when that happens the only real difference is which natural OS it has. did you smack me in the back of the head? don't kill the messenger. wait it was a lurker, wasn't it? who done it?

Just wondering, can Mac OS run on VMware?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not unless VMware sneaked a Mac emulator into their products when I wasn't looking. AFAIK PearPC and (maybe) SheepShaver are the only x86 PowerMac emulators available. There are also a few M68k Mac emulators out there.

thanks jcl

ive just read through your mac links

and it is interesting stuff

but i think ile forget it

i need a mac machine to run it and i cant afford another

i have two already so that is my lot thnks

macmarauder

has some interesting observations

so i may stick with win.

marty

Interesting to note that in the not too distant future Steve Jobs has announced that PCs will be able to run OS X.  Now, that would be cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in that case ile hold on to this disk

thanks

marty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not unless VMware sneaked a Mac emulator into their products when I wasn't looking. AFAIK PearPC and (maybe) SheepShaver are the only x86 PowerMac emulators available. There are also a few M68k Mac emulators out there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see....however, all x86 mac emulators run quite slow, but i guess it is a small price to pay....Perhaps I'll just pick up a mac mini when i want to

• 3 weeks later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sheepshaver doesn't support OS X. OS 8 and OS 9 only.

Interesting to note that in the not too distant future Steve Jobs has announced that PCs will be able to run OS X.  Now, that would be cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in that case ile hold on to this disk

thanks

marty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No point. You'll need an x86 version (it's actually a 'fat binary' version, but that's neither here nor there), and you don't have one unless you downloaded it or rented a DTK.