Fullscreen games capped at 60fps

Hi

I have really strange issue with Fortnite (previously with other games). After I launch game, my game is stuck at 60fps with vsync (I can feel that vsync is ON because my mouse has “swimming effect” during game - delays).

I turned off vsync in game, in NVIDIA control panel. I disabled Fullscreen optimizations for every .exe file (launcher & fortnite in every possible folder). It worked one time, but next day problem still existed and nothing worked.  Tweakbox  Appvalley

The funny thing is, when I change from Fullscreen mode to windowed mode, my FPS are unlocked and jumps to ~150. And very strange thing - while being in Fullscreen mode with this 60fps cap bug, after I change my volume or brightness, while volume/brightness bar is visible - my FPS unlocks. After this disappeared - coming back to 60fps cap.   https://vlc.onl/

Edited by JenrasGomes
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps.
  • - V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel.
  • - Re-installed graphics drivers.
  • - Tried disabling fullscreen optimizations on the .exe of games.

cyberflix

Edited by josephmark