Checking in @ Besttechie

Good Morning everyone:

Just thought I would check in:  Lots going on, and I am preparing to start work again in 2019 for our cycle.  Will post again soon :)

Brian

• 6 months later...

I was supposed to be in bed at 1 AM and is now 2:35 AM Lol. I have not been on my confuser in months. Been sick and over a month in the hospital with sepsis. I'm telling you, when you get in your mid 50's it's all down hill Lol. at least for me anyhow.

Hope all are in good health here. I am fine now, but I still feel like I have had the life sucked out of me some days. Just had to stop in and say a quick hello to everyone.

Be well guys.

Shadow.

Shadow, hey good to hear from you ! It's been awhile ! People stop in to say HI but it's a long time in-between visits ! Glad you got a hold on that Sepsis that is some bad shit, i lost a friend to it ! So i know what you have gone through. Please take care of your self & hope to see you around more often!!!

Chuck

On 9/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, flashh4 said:

Shadow, hey good to hear from you ! It's been awhile ! People stop in to say HI but it's a long time in-between visits ! Glad you got a hold on that Sepsis that is some bad shit, i lost a friend to it ! So i know what you have gone through. Please take care of your self & hope to see you around more often!!!

Chuck

Hey,  Chuck.

Thing was, I really thought I had the flu. Started feeling like crap in mid JAN. 2019 By the first week of FEB. I knew something just wasn't right. I didn't  say much in front of my Gf. on count of not wanting to upset her or scare her. But then for the first time in my life I developed a U.T.I. Never even knew guys were pervey to one. :o OMG I remember talking to men from Vietnam that told story's about V.D. and the burning, and peeing out what felt like shards of glass and razors and blood. I had all that.

Then it was all over my local news about volunteer firemen catching Sepsis. I figured maybe I got something from my past days as a firefighter. Hell I don't know as when the alarm goes in, I just rush into a building to save lives and protect property.

But at the E.R. the good Doc said not to buy into that story on TV. None of the meds would take any effect on me and I was told if none of the meds would work I would only have a few weeks to live. :o

I guess the last drug they had in there arsenal showed promise. It kept showing false positives in the beginning but then finally it started working.

I had to call for the first time in my life for a ambulance. To think, I was going to just throw on my bath robe and drive myself the 10 or 15 miles away from my local hospital.

Good thing I didn't drive as my heart stopped in the ambulance and they used the paddles on me to bring me back. When they say it's like getting kicked by a horse in the chest is a total understatement. I felt like I got hit by a dump truck. I thought I had a heart attach but the EMT said my heart rate went off the charts and just quit.

I didn't have any chest pains either as I was talking to the EMT and just blacked out just like that.

That's why I said, good thing I never drove myself. One thing if I had died but would never been able to live with myself if I ever killed someone else or mained an innocent bystander for my stupidity.

Even though I am much better today, I still don't feel a 100%  Something still feels off. Hoping it's just my mind playing games on me. My short term memory still has not fully recovered as a lack of oxygen to my brain. They say it may come back but no guarantee and this has been going on since Feb. 28th of this year.

I was sitting at a red lite not to long ago not far from ware I live and couldn't figure out ware I was for a brief moment. Scary. At times you could tell me something and a minute later you could come back and say something about the subject and I get all pissed off as I get clueless at times.

My long term memory is great. It's my short term memory that gets in my way.

Hope the hell no one ever gets hits with Sepsis as it sucks.

Holey shit Shadow, man that must of been the worst story i have heard in a long time ! Wow ..... you must be one lucky s.o.b. !! Yeah i seen some ugly shit in Nam myself but i don't think most would compare with that stuff ! It most diff is a good thing you were not driving ! I know i have been real Lucky not even having a broken bone in my body & only a few scrapes ! To come out of Nam with nothing but good health is the best i could do ..... lol !! Lets hope you are on the road to better health & recover your lost memory ! Take Care my friend !

Chuck