windows 10 update keeps trying to install and fails.

I have a windows update that has not installed, and every time I shut off the computer it says install and shut down. the screen goes green and then shuts down. When I start up the computer it says please wait. I do and the message says failed. I it not installed how can I get rid of it. It has been going on for months. 

Any help is greatly appreciated as always

Thanks,

Pat

Howdy Pat sorry but i just saw this ! Try this Open Settings > Click on Update & Security > Click Windows Update > Click Update History Link ,

On Update history, you can view which updates were installed successfully and which of those that failed ! Click the failed update you want to uninstall Link !!

Click Restart Now to reboot your computer and it should be gone !!

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

There were a few adobe flash updates I was able to get rid of, but there is a kb update that is listed with no installation date that I can't delete. (the uninstall option does not come up) It just keeps telling me to restart and when I do it says installation failed. There were other Microsoft updates that were listed in history as failed.  I am stumped. Is there any other way to get rid of this update (in case it's corrupt) so it can be reinstalled properly?

any help is greatly appreciated. The update that is stuck is kb 4103727(45)

Thanks,

Pat

Hi Pat, from what i have researched there is a problem with that 4103727 and most seem to have the same problems as you ! The best way to get rid of this problem is a Recovery system !

There was a new W10 system that came out on April 30, unless you have it i would advise you to update to it Version 1803 ( OS Build 17134.48 ) !!!!!

Go to Settings >>. Update & Security >>> Click Recover from the left menu >>> Click the Get Started button !! Everything will be saved !!

Chuck

hi Chuck,

I did a recovery and everything went OK except windows live mail. I had no idea MS changed it. It syncs up with very little settings. ( it won't sync up. I have a verizon email that goes tru AOL.

I need a new email client I can set up pop 3 or imap. I dislike going on AOL for emails. I would rather have a email client on computer. I save emails  (online orders, paid bill conformations etc.) I am running a recovery program for emails (ease us) Hopefully I can recover emails and put them in the new email client. ALL windows updates are installed. There were a lot before that were missing. If you can think of a program that I can use for mail please let me know. I don't need any thing fancy. I actually liked outlook express and windows live mail (I know I'm a dinosaur)  In have gmail( use it for junk) I dislike yahoo mail.

as always any help is greatly appriciated.

take care,

PAT

Hi Pat, i use Outlook don't know why you can't use/get it, maybe try https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox .!   

Or my favorite is Gmail  >>>>  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjE7-Ku8bXbAhXmITQIHTtLBbQQFggpMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2FSignUp%3Fhl%3Den-GB&usg=AOvVaw1NtFUh8E7_Z5-F4ScIIrYg

Gmail is what i use most !!

Any other Questions just ask !!

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

It has taken a while to get back. It has been a bit of a pain. After the windows update removed windows live mail I was replaced with outlook (what a stripped out bare bones mail client that is) So I set it up. I decided to take out the laptop blow off the dust and do a windows update (it took a really long time. I bought my wife a tablet while back so the laptop sat) Low and behold when the update was done I opened up the mail expecting outlook but there was windows live mail.  It was not working but I was able to use the troubleshooter and it started working. I was able to download windows live essentials on the main computer and reinstall WLM. My problem is that I want to change to an imap 4. It will not give me the option. If I have to stay with pop 3 I can. Outlook did give me the option for imap 4.I was wondering if there was a way to change it.

again thanks for your input.

take care,

Pat

Pat not sure on an answer for you on that change ! I don't use my email services very much so i don't have an answer for you .... sorry ! You might try Google !

Chuck

Hey Pat ..... ok after doing some searching this might work for you to change from pop3 to imap4

Upgrading to IMAP from POP on Outlook
  1. Start Outlook.
  2. On the File menu, click Info and click Account Settings.
  3. Select the existing Account under E-mail Panel.
  4. Click Change.
  5. Click More Settings.
  6. Select Advanced Tab under Internet E-mail Settings.
  7. Off the check box for “Leave a copy of messages on the server”
  8. Click OK.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I've decided to leave both laptop and computer with windows live mail on pop 3. Outlook was such a stripped out program I was glad to finally figure out how to get windows live mail back. the problem I am having now is that Microsoft stopped file transfer wizard in windows 10. I need to move contacts from the laptop to the computer. I have googled it but not sure what is going to be the easiest way.

as always any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat 

Hi Chuck,

just figured it out. windows 10 took away the ability to export contacts in WLM.(mine is greyed out) You can only pull up contacts if you have the people app and outlook mail. luckily I kept outlook. All I  have to do is send out mail from outlook and request reply, open it WLM and add contact. problem solved. They sure changed up things in windows 10.