I have a Dell PC, running windows home 7  and the Verizon high speed internet.  My internet , MSN is so slow and locks up at times.   I ran a full scan with Norton,  Malware, and even Windows Defender and nothing shows.  I was thinking to switch to Fire Fox  or Mozilla,  which  would you recommend ?

Hey ..... Fire Fox & Mozilla are the same browser ! Mozilla is the parent company, they have a new browser "Quantum" which seems really fast ! I keep 4 browsers handy Edge which comes with Windows 10, Quantum (Mozilla) ...... Chrome and Opera ! 

Just a note have you checked to see if you could run Windows 10 on your computer ??

I use the new Quantum most of the time !!

Chuck

chuck,  thanks for the help.  My IE using MSN as a home page, has theCPU  task manager bouncing up to 100 and down to 50  this usually locks u[p the page.  I downloaded Firefox and it works perfectly   and the CPU usage is very low.  WOW , what a difference.

hpg, yes Quantum will work on W7 but some say it's choppy, you could try it to see if it works better for you but if FF is working great then why mess with it !!

Here is some reports from Microsoft !

Microsoft Newsroom, the company has warned Windows 7 users the ageing platform suffers from a number of serious failings including security deficiencies and hardware restrictions while reiterating all support for the platform is ending. Users will be more susceptible to cyber attacks.  It also warns some manufacturers are actively shunning Windows 7 and stopping driver support.  Windows 7 support will end and Microsoft will cut off all support but not until January 14th 2020.

Your choice of course !

Chuck