I figured (since I read in one of the posts that B is a fan of the CFH show) that I would start off a topic regarding the new show.

Do we have any Canadian posters in this forum who have seen the new CFH in Canada? Or perhaps a few lucky folks with satellite dishes that have caught it? I've read some of the show notes, and it does indeed seem similar to the CFH we knew and loved. ...and miss.... :(

Chime in here and lets get some discussions going!

Hi WiredMonkey,

Yes, I know as a matter of fact that we have some canadian posters here. I also think you can download the shows off the web if you want to watch them. Let me see if I can find the link for people to download them if they want. If I find it I will post it.

See you all on the boards

B

24 August 04 is 106 Meg,, 51 minutes

Hi Marsh,

I'm not sure what the date and numbers you are giving us refer to, but if it's your download speed being 106 mb/sec, then it's a bit slow for broadband. But, satellite tends to be from what I've hard. It's the only alternative for some folks that aren't in a cable or dsl area, and it's better than dial-up. But yes, I have a feeling you will be lagging slightly behind some other broadband users.

No problem though - you seem to keep up just fine... ;)B)

Hi

I'm using Direcway satellite

Question with the other broadbands am I in the slow speed lane ???

Marsh

I'm using adelphia cable and getting about the same speed for the downloads. Must be a slow site because I usually run much faster than that

JD

Thanks for the link Nerelda. Bookmarked it for future but I'm almost done (90%) d/ling now. First time I tried I went to about 640k then stopped but after I cleared the cache it works fine.

JD

Hi

I'm using Direcway satellite

Question with the other broadbands am I in the slow speed lane ???

Marsh

marsh,

I'm also on Direcway. If you use Firefox, have you used their Bandwidth Tester extension? Just curious about how different Direcway systems compare. I average between 1.5 and 3 Mb/sec.

Hi Folks,

I'm a Canadian and have been happily watching Leo's new show! His new show is better than the original IMHO. He's had some interesting segments that're enjoyable to watch. He had one sysadmin guy on who showed how he built his own PVR.

Leo has said on the show that he thinks that there is a good chance that he'll be able to market his show for America.

Hi Folks,

I'm a Canadian and have been happily watching Leo's new show!  His new show is better than the original IMHO.  He's had some interesting segments that're enjoyable to watch.  He had one sysadmin guy on who showed how he built his own PVR.

Leo has said on the show that he thinks that there is a good chance that he'll be able to market his show for America.

Now that is good news.

Sorry don't have 10000 mile of cable lying around but that link will let you d/l them. Ihope leo is right and they do bring the show back to the US 'cause that and the screen savers are the only ones worth watching and I'm not even sure about tss any more. Have to wait and see

JD

I'm harf canadian but live in New Zealand ,,,

I should (by right) get to see at lea harf of the new CFH show

Anyone got a really long spare cable they could run over to me ??? :D  ;)

opps lea = least

I think I've got 30-50 thousand miles of cable in my tool shed; I'll drag it through the forest towards you today. :D

Seriously though, I hope your cable company will soon carry CFH. It is fantastic to see Leo on TV again; he's in good form as usual.