Windows 10 info:

If you're running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1 S14 (that's the “Windows 8.1 Update†from last April), you'll be able to get Windows 10 straight from the Control Panel's Windows Update utility. In other words, you won't have to mess around with installation disks, and all your files and programs will remain intact.

Your data won't be erased if you're running an older version of Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1, but you'll have to download an ISO and create an installation disk. It's just a little more of a hassle.
In either case, upgrading to Windows 10 will be free, as long as you make the jump in the first year after launch. Windows Vista and Windows XP users with compatible hardware can buy an upgrade to Windows 10, but this will require a clean install that erases all programs and files.
The company also announced that users of pirated Windows versions will be able to get a legit copy of Windows 10 at no charge .

11215841_1607660769518114_33713814996560

• 1 year later...

Upgraded too windows 10 from 7 a few months ago but now on boot-up I'm getting "page fault in nonpaged area nvlddmkm sys". I've tried using different Ninvida Graphic Drivers and it works good for awhile, then starts blue screen restart again. Geforce GT 330M card.     Rebooted in safe mode no network and now  I can't login to Microsoft login!!!

Edited by Blackwood
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Howdy Mickie James and welcome to BesTTechie ! The jury is still out on if it's the best ever, only time will tell ! A lot of us like it but some people still are having so many problems they are returning to W7 ..... so time will tell i guess !

Ejoy your stay !

Chuck

• 1 year later...
On 6/20/2015 at 8:13 AM, flashh4 said:

Windows 10 info:

If you're running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1 S14 (that's the “Windows 8.1 Update†from last April), you'll be able to get Windows 10 straight from the Control Panel's Windows Update utility. In other words, you won't have to mess around with installation disks, and all your files and programs will remain intact.

Your data won't be erased if you're running an older version of Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1, but you'll have to download an ISO and create an installation disk. It's just a little more of a hassle.In either case, upgrading to Windows 10 will be free, as long as you make the jump in the first year after launch. Windows Vista and Windows XP users with compatible hardware can buy an upgrade to Windows 10, but this will require a clean install that erases all programs and files.The company also announced that users of pirated Windows versions will be able to get a legit copy of Windows 10 at no charge .

11215841_1607660769518114_33713814996560

Hello Sir,

Awesome Content. Keep it up And one more thing it’s very Knowledgeable Comment Given on Windows 10

dpc watchdog violation windows 10

This is an old post from 2016 there is a lot of changes since then so before you install the New Windows 10 (April edition) it's best to make sure you know what you are doing ! A lotto get ready before installing or it could not be installed properly, which could cause other problems later !

Chuck

• 5 months later...

It is a whole new Windows10 system ! This link is pretty good about the updates !!

If you are asking about the size it's about 15.8 GB which is the same as the old W10 !!

https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-1903-19h1-april-2019-update-features/

Good to know you are out there & still kicking like me chief !!

Chuck

well i got it updated on my  and on my Mac Pro, and my Macbook Pro and on a friends laptop, and another friends new laptop. it went real quick for the newest laptop with the I7 and SSD, the other laptop i had to try at least 3 times, since it is an older laptop. my Mac Pro went quick on the download and install. my Macbook Pro went daily good too, but did take a while to download. 

yeah i am still playing with multi booting on the big MP which i now have 2 quad core Xeons in it. i think i will have to download the update and burn it to a DVD for my mom since she is only on a 1.5 mbps dsl. and AT&T is really crappy in the quad cities.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...