Will be in the doghouse again w Flashh4

Yup. Fair warning though. The Isle of Man TT is at the end of the month and since I can't go, I will be itching to view it online.

Will try and avoid Wizwig and Crickey or whatever it was.

Thanks again Chuck. You are the man!

Seems every time we do this, various programs or extensions behave differently. No Script icon is different and I had to start checking everything off again.  Lower right where the clock is, (quick launch maybe) is no longer the same ( AVG was inside, now it isn't) and Logitech Gaming Keyboard Software had to be reloaded.

The Logitech Gaming Mouse Software won't load at all.

Another thing is, the last time we did this, file extensions no longer appeared. Now they are back.

Small price to pay, but I'm always scratching my head.

Cheers

Edited by Redog

I wish i had an answer for your problems after the cleaning but there is no reason for that to happen. Nothing we did could possibly cause those problems ! Sorry for any inconvenience that may have been done !

Chuck

There is nothing that points to any removal or fixing of any of those reported problems in our fixes !! Could it be you ran some program before you ran our programs or made ascertains into one of the fixes ??

I am Going back threw all the logs to check to see if there is anything !

Chuck

Ok, reasons possible for your problems that i could find after some deep digging threw the logs and reports !!

Q. ( AVG was inside, now it isn't)

A. Possibly the reason it needed an update >>> Deleted : RP #317 [installed AVG 2015 | 05/02/2015 18:28:30]

Q. No Script icon is different and I had to start checking everything off again. <<< In your post #4 you reported >>> I have already tried disabling extensions and add ons like "No Script" and I tried to do a quick scan !

A. When you did this it probably caused the problem, when you disabled it,it reverted back to default, which is all are checked !!

Q. Gaming Keyboard Software had to be reloaded.The Logitech Gaming Mouse Software won't load at all.

A. I found no reason for this problem !!

Those are my best guesses & thoughts after a through research !!

Hope that helps !

Chuck

I have no problems with any of it. Have gotten use to it and am actually glad No Script had to be redone.

How about the file extensions showing up again? What would cause that?

I know your probably anxious to lock this thread, so go ahead.

Again, thanks.

Dog, you mean the Malwarebytes fix that it did ?? Which program were you talking about the 'Fix" ??

Every scan & fix that we ran is standard fixes, unless i find something real bad these programs i have everyone run at the beginning !! Then i usually type up a fix !

Chuck

In the sevenforums link you sent, the first option, is the one that is used most often to enable file extensions, or hide file extensions.

Right?

The question is, why would  your repairs cause the file extensions to appear again after years of being hidden?

When I built this "confuser", I probably had them visible, but after one of your repairs, a few years ago, they became hidden.

No big deal, instead of enabling again, I got use to it. Have gotten use to them being visible again.

Just curious.

The only thing i can think of is that some tools used in fixing problems will revert computer back to default on some programs ! You can always hide them again if it's that big of a deal, Other than that i can't give you a define answer ! That's all i got for you on this subject !

Happy Surfing

Chuck

No sweat. Not a big deal.

Many thanks, for all you do here.

Hey, I saw on LiveLeak that Leo is back with a new version of "Call for Help"

Don'y have TV, but do you know where that can be seen?

Lock this thread.

Never watch it dog so can't help you there !!