Win 10 will be the next OS from MS

Windows 8.1 forum is way behind, i get more info from Bleeping computer !! I have W8.1 on 2 computers & W7 on my virutal computer for testing virus and such ! But i won't try W10 until it's out of Beta stage !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551623/windows-10-privacy-policy-summary/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550459/windows-10-technical-preview-is-now-available-via-the-windows-insider-program/

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Team:

I don't care WHAT OS is out -   the BEST thing to do is to wait for the "bugs" to get worked out of any OS - If you don't, you risk the loss of data, or a borked up machine - Look at ME and Vista - The 2 worst OS's around - Should have just skipped them.......

Brian

Hi Baker7. i bet you remember when XP service pack 1 came out. it had so many problems with installing, that on the techTV forums i ended up posting a cure to make it install with out  the slowdowns.

i even played with the beta versions of SP1 and SP2, of course they were beta versions and had bugs, until the RC came out then the final versions were released. but as with any Beta versions of anything, that is why they are beta. they are for testing.

Hey gang,

Delivering Windows as a Service and a Free Upgrade to Windows 10

Today was a monumental day for us on the Windows team because we shared our desire to redefine the relationship we have with you – our customers. We announced that a free upgrade for Windows 10 will be made available to customers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 who upgrade in the first year after launch.*

This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device – at no cost. With Windows 10, the experience will evolve and get even better over time.

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard that Windows 10 may go the way of the Subscription, even though the article that Chuck posted says that Windows 10 will be free to those who have Windows 8/8.1 - I wish that the program would be FREE and the updates - Paying for the use of the software every year can be a financial burden to those who have limited incomes (Like me)  Buying windows PRO/ULTIMATE is not cheap, but windows 10 should be affordable, and you should be able to buy it and have a license that does NOT need to be renewed, because you bought the software ONCE - this is what they should do ;)

Brian

• 1 month later...

I have been evauating Win 10 and I Feel that they tried too hard to meld 7 with 8.1. I love the feel of 7since it is pretty much what we all expect so I never upgraded to 8.1 even though I have a copy given to me by my college. Maybe I am just old but I want to be productive when I am on my PC not trying to figure out the reinvented wheel.

Ignore me I am just trying to get back in the habit of posting again. Glad they maintained my log on info.

Preston

Welcome back rhema7 (Preston), always good to see a friendly face here ! Been trying to help hold this place together for some time. I like it here, just wish more people would show up so it would boom again ! So we wait !! Hopeing Jeff can hold out !!

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. It would be nice to see this place popping again. I hope to contribute as much as I can to the sucess of this place. I am looking to get my cisco (ccent) cert. in april so I will be doing some heavy study for the next couple of weeks but I will stop in. I hope to get my Network securty cert this summer this years has been a struggle.

Preston