Greetings all,

I final bit the bullet and got a new computer w/ 8.1. I want to know what I can transfer from xp home 32 bit to windows 8.1 64 bit (if anything). I have done some reading and it says the transfer wizard will not work but, I can go through a Microsoft website and as long as both computers have internet access do the transfer that way. Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Pat

Hi Pete,

I don't think windows 8 and xp play well together. xp uses a work group name and windows 8 uses a password. From what I read Microsoft says you can only network windows 8 with nothing older than windows 7. (I could have read that wrong)

Hi Chuck,

Thanks I did not even think of a flash drive. It would have saved a lot of wear and tear on the eyeballs.

greatly appreciate input from you both. This new windows is going to take some getting used to!  After about 10 years with xp it was like an old pair of comfy shoes.

take care,

Pat

Pat, once you get use to it everything becomes a snap. I love mine & it is so much faster than W 7 or XP because it only loads the necessary things needed to start ! If there is anything i may be able to assist you just shoot me a message !

And yes it would have saved the wear on the eyes, you should see all the notes i have saved from my Malware cleaning, thousands !!

Stay Safe friend

Chuck