Sure has been a lot lately, here ! I banned a bunch yesterday they seem to be persistent ! They keep coming back all day & again today ! First thing i do is check the "View New Content" every time i check in. So i can remove them & ban the poster. I hope this is the removal process & deleting them to the right place ! TT (The Terrorist) says he has to ban them permanently when he shows up, i don't have the power to do that. maybe you have to be an ADMIN, not sure ! But i will continue to do it this way till i am told differently !

Chuck

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the same spammers are here every day ! I guess they are hoping that their account is UN-banned !! They visit my profile every day, i hope they see my Jack-a-lope in their dreams .... lmao !!

Just wonder if this is usual ?

Chuck

I see the same spammers are here every day ! I guess they are hoping that their account is UN-banned !! They visit my profile every day, i hope they see my Jack-a-lope in their dreams .... lmao !!

Just wonder if this is usual ?

Chuck

Those spammers make multiple accounts .

At g4 forums me and  some of the moderators watch for new accounts and if they came from India or China we would pre ban them before they got a chance to spam 

Thanks Dan, yep rem bouncing some out of the HJT removal !! I bet all that has nothing but numbers & letters are spammers ! Oh welll i will boot them if they have a post with spam, i check "View New Content" first thin when i check in !

Chuck

I just banned a few hundred marked spammers going back to April. Just mark them as spammers and move their posts to the trash and I'll take care of the banning when I check in. I am still dealing with my multiple doctors seeing as how I lifted too much weight that I shouldn't have and tore something in my groin and back. Some day I'll listen to the docs and do as I am told. LOL!

Does Besttechie use a Captcha and confirmation / activation email for new accounts?

That generally works.  If not, making all but a few of the boards "hidden" to non members will make the board seem smaller and not appealing to them (and the bots will generally just post in the public boards).

I reported at least 2 in the last 2 days as well........I think that its kinda easy to see........1 post or so, then a link to a site that is a dead giveaway

Brian

Chuck:

Or they will choose usernames that are easy to spot - either ones that show a company name like livewellfitness, or something that is spammy in its own right.........Luckily, we have good staff here that can get rid of this crap,

Brian

24  hrs and only 1 flagged as spammer, i think they are slowing down ! Wonder if they get tired of being unable to post & go away, at least for a while. I know they are programmed but someone has to run them !

Just some thoughts here !!

Chuck