I have a question on the Microsoft starter free  edition of word and Excel that came on my Dell computer.  The computer is over 3 years old but this just started about a week ago.  Every time I turn of the computer, I get a message  which flashed up saying there is an update on this program and just click Yes to download.   I  Feel this is an virus and have not clicked on it.  I've had several like this in the last month or so. Last one was from the post office asking me to click on the delivery label to print it.  this was a virus.   do you know if there  Is there a pending update on the free version from Microsoft.  Nothing shows up on Windows update.  Thank you for any help.

Hi Howard, my guess is it;s safe to download ! Your antivirus should pick it up if it's not !

You said you were infected from a virus that came from/with the post office, are you sure you got it all ?? I would like to run some test to see if you did. If you would like please start me a topic in thee Malware section !

Chuck

thanks Chuck for the reply.  I did not get the virus, I called the post office to check and they stated they had many calls and it was a virus.  if I'm not sure of something, I don't click or download

YEs, thanks for asking.  I have a Dell PC with Windows 7.    At times, when I shutdown, I get a message waiting for how to close.  I check the task manager and it shows nothing running.  do you know what that is ?? It does not happen all the time.

Howard when did you do a good cleaning ? I recommend every 6 weeks or less depending on how much surfing one does ! I clean mine every 3-4 weeks !

You said "I get a message waiting for how to close", sorry that's not enough info ! I would like to have you run a few programs & see what we might find, if you want to do this start me a topic in Malware Removal and lets have a look !! It's up to you !

Chuck

lol ... howard .... nope i mean run some special programs which produce logs of bad things that need removing from your computer ! You will be surprised at what they will find !! I have been doing this (cleaning) for 13 yrs now ! Have cleaned around 2600 all over the world so i do know what i am doing ! Anyway start me a topic in the Malware section and lets have a look !

Chuck

With Windows 7 some programs may be running in the background when you decide to shutdown. It will flash the warning that it is waiting for the program to stop before continuing the shutdown. Many times it is Taskmanager on my Windows 7 setup. I consider it normal.

Waiting for TT to decide if he wants me to leave these alone or flag as spammer & remove their post !!!!

So i will flag this one & remove their post for now .......... user spammer name >> KSlavin

Also add LKindler as spammer

Howard, 2 more spammers this morning. I'm gonna lock this topic to see if it will stop the spammers from posting here. It seems this is the only thread they are using ! You can open another topic if you need !

Chuck