Hello,

So, about two or three times a week, when I turn on my TV, it will not show a picture I can only hear the sound.  I called "DirecTV" and they told me to switch to the dvd player, to see if it would play a dvd.  The TV played the dvd fine, and had a great picture, so they seem to think it was the HDMI Cable.  They told me to unplug it wait 10 seconds, and when I plugged it back up it worked fine.   Last w/end I bought a new cable, and today the TV went black a again and I had to unplug it again.

I was wondering if any of you guy's have any ideas, DirecTV doesn't think it's the TV because it played the dvd just fine.

Do they have a box to plug into your tv ? I would have then check it or let me try a new one. Also you did have electric when it went black ? Does the black out last till you correct it in some way ? Just some thoughts that came to mind !

Chuck

Yes, the  blackout last until, I unplug the power, and wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in.  I have the DIRECTV"genie" so it takes a few minutes to reboot itself and then the TV works fine, the picture is great.   I don't believe the electric went out when initially I started having this problem.   It may be a good idea to call them, and ask if I can try another box, if the problem not with the TV, then it must be with the "Genie"