The new Google Chrome has now stuck 2 search tabs & 1 google tab on their new install. I have tried all ways suggested to remove them & they come back ! Anyone else have this problem ???

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

I would post a screen shot but i removed google chrome then tried to install it but each time it keeps telling me i have the newer version installed & i need to use a newer version of installer. I Can not find a newer version of Google chrome and everywhere i download it from tells me the same ! So i just stoped trying to dwnload it ! Just tried it again & same pop-up. I have searched threw everything on my computer & there is no sign of Google ! That includes the browsers & registery, ialso did a search in the start/run and all i get are my files not anything about the installiation of Google Chrome ! I gave up, using IE & FF only now ! I'm lost on that !

Chuck

It was on 3 different tabs at the top of the Google Chrome browser !!

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend using Revo Uninstaller. The free version is fine. It will clean up a lot of program traces that you might not be able to find yourself.

Check the folders in C:\Users\***\AppData\ for anything associated with 'Google'. If Chrome was the only Google application you used, you can safely delete any 'Google' folder that you find in there.

Thanks Falcon but already tried the C:\Users\***\AppData\ ....  nothing in there ! ... I have used Revo for a long time ! I'm just gonna live without it, i don't know why it adds the other 2 tabs, guess i am stuborn trying to figure out why !!

Later my friend !

Chuck

I now have a policy that when installing ANYTHING, I choose the custom install so that I can view "components" that it wants to install including toolbars and uncheck them.

For example, even Avast free now has a thing that installs when you choose the automatic install which will then tell you you have x number of problems with your computer which can be fixed if you buy this great new program they have to sell you.  Uncheck during the install and no such prompts.

Follow these uninstall steps

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95319?hl=en

Note the warning about system wide install. You need to be in a master administrator account to uninstall it and you need to run as administrator.  It is quite possible you uninstalled from one user account, but not from the entire computer.

http://www.chromestory.com/2011/11/how-to-remove-google-chrome/

You may want to try the next generation chrome browser Canary

https://www.google.co.in/intl/en/chrome/browser/canary.html

Oh and I vaguely remember what the problem here is. There  is a component of the profile  that got corrupted and is marked read only and is not allowing deletion (possibly related to an antivirus integration?).  The  installer cannot replace it because it is protected (read only) and it is not compatible.