Where are you ?

There use to be lots of users here every day. Where have you all gone ? Are you still kicking ! Or did you just get tired of the internet, or move on  to another part of life ? I have see a bunch of you come in but just leave without sayinh Howdy to your friend that use to be here. There are a lot of new members but they do not post anything, maybe they are just reading. Did something big happen here why no body is home ? Yes i did work on HJT (computer infection) cleaning at G4 till they sold, but i would always check back her to visit ! Now i check 10-20  times a day to see if anyone has posted, nothing usually. Is this going to be the end of BT ? God lets hope not. I love this place & all the friends who use to come here ! Lets try and restore this back to the place we called home or start up anew !!!

Chuck

I occasionally come here and  check on things but BT  looks dead , I would definitely post more if others did 

Because of facebook and twitter the overall forum members has been falling unless its a niche one 

Edited by Dan72

Plain and simple it went from being a Tech oriented board where people kept their political and religious beliefs to themselves to one where a few loudmouth bigots decided that intolerance was what they wanted here.   As I said before, I have no interest in associating with such people.  Those who remain tolerant and can be civil understand and I still stay in touch with them.

The bloody fields of Viet Nam brought a peace inside me that no matter what your opinion you have a right to it ! Whether i believe it or not, it's still your God given right to have that opinion !

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy dealing with medical issues, blizzards and computer repairs. 

Ulcers on my leg have been slow healing, changed shift for dialysis, been having severe pain radiating from neck to lower back (x-rays show osteoarthritis of C1, C5-C7 with nerve damage between C5 & C6), EKG shows an EF of 35-45% range (Nuclear Stress Test early this Tuesday morning), Ultrasound of carotid arteries shows some plaque build up and other minor issues. 

We got slammed this winter at the southeast corner of Lake Ontario. I am not supposed to be shoveling, but someone has to do it. It hasn't helped my heart or pains.

It seems like a crap load of PC owners have not been keeping up with protection on their PCs and I have been inundated with cleanups. I have also had many with hardware failure. In a depressed area people are trying to keep their old units alive until they can afford a newer unit. On top of that my old dependable desktop system finally bit the dust and I threw together a PC from components from abandoned units. That soon died also. My good 15" Thinkpad T42 got knocked off the shelve next to my dialysis chair and the SXGA+ LCD as broken. I finally found the correct IDTech screen and am now preparing to fix my 15" T42. Right now I am using a 14" T42 that I picked up for a song on Craigslist that will soon have Windows 7 installed on it once my 15" that already runs Windows 7 Ultimate is done.

I do pop in here from time to time to see if there are any unresolved problems and check the new members out to see if they are on the spammers list. I also like to see how the old members are doing if they post.

Good to hear from you TT but sorry about all those medical problems ! Guess i am lucky so far at 67 nothing serious has arose ! Maybe it's this wide open air in Wyoming ! And the bitter cold & snow ! Man you sure have had a bunch of computer's go bad (problems). I had to buy a new one because my wife started learning how to use 1 & now is a faithful Farm Tales on face book ! UGGGGG !

Stay Safe up there in that country !

Chuck

Thanks Dan i didn't know that ! I check in every morning & evening to see if there is anything going on !!

Wow! I'm glad to see some familiar avatars with active posts.

I've been away for a while primarily because of studies and little-to-no free time. I tend to hang out more on car forums ever since getting my first car and looking for ways to improve her.

Yesterday, I was swapping out some parts in the old desktop (which my parents now use). I remember when some of the G4 gang helped me select the parts for it back when AMD's socket 939 platform was the big thing. LOL!

Sorry to hear about the medical problems as well, TT. But glad to see you're still keeping busy helping others with their computer problems.

Anyway, I'll try to pop in more often as I consider it a healthy distraction for me and a way to keep a hobby alive.

I lived in the same neighborhood for thirty years and was known as "The guy nobody ever sees." Night shift will do that to ya.

I've been in, shall we say, economic turmoil, for some time now. So ya'll will rarely see me, but ...

Never gonna leave ya Besttechie!      :D

Haven't been here in ages. For some reason I just thought about the G4 forums and went to look only to find them shut down. That got me looking around and led me here to find that, lo and behold, my login still works. I see some old familiar names here (I actually go back to TechTV days). I see Pete_C has been here but from the tone of the above post, it seems he may have left. Is there an active support/malware removal help community here? If not does anyone know where they have gone?

Hey Jeffro, i am also from the old Tech tv days & G4 for many years doing Malware Removal there till they closed. No was asked if i wanted to help with them here, i gladly agreed & think i am the only one active in the removal !! I check in many times during the day to assist any way possible ! Since i am retired i have the time to donate to a very worthy cause & i stay up to date on everything i find, virus & programs used in the fight !

Good to see you here !

Chuck

• 1 month later...

Greetings to all. I also look back at the ttv days fondly. It was a great place to get help when needed, and to keep in touch with good people. (even before social media)  Heck when I started watching ttv and coming on the forums I had gotten a second had computer and barely knew how to push the power button. I always appriciated the help and learned a lot. Even though I don't post much I stop in when I can. I have been around less in the last year because we moved into our first house about a year ago and between that and the job it has been busy to say the least. I still enjoy seeing posts from old frends and seeing post from new members. I also remember friends that are no longer with us, Gary, Marty, Marsh, Antonio and all the rest. I hope this place stays around for a while. It's still a good place, and I can say my life is better for knowing you all.

Thanks,

Pat

• 1 month later...

Like the rest. I stop in every now and then. So many ways to find answers nowadays it slowed down many message boards.

But I just love to stop in for that feel of the old day when we were so busy one couldn't.t keep up.

to remember the days of Techtv, and of all the people we come to know and lost.

Hi Ya

Just dropped in to see what is going on. I do come by every now and then but don't log in. I saw this today and thought I would at least say hello.

Have been very busy with medical issues myself and have had no time to do much of anything until the past few months. Doing OK now. Hope everyone is OK also. I'm also from the Tectv days which is where I met a lot of you. Got all my computer learning from most of you. Now I try to pay it back when I can to others.

Have a good day.

Barb :matrix:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

~ It's certainly been a long time since I've checked in here, but I recently became nostalgic about who

might be still around and thought I'd just stop by and say "hello"!  :)

Oh, I'm not sure it shows up yet, but I've replaced my signature "rose" avatar with an actual

photo of myself in case you didn't recognize me from either my name or avatar. 

Anyway, I've thought about many of you and I truly hope you're all doing well!  :)