Windows XP Professional, Logitech problem

Hey Hey, long time no talk...

Anyways, I had to get a new Mouse (Logitech G500s USB) and I had a bad USB port so I wasn't getting a working mouse on boot... I interrupted the Windows Boot Process a few times, Windows did a Chkdsk (no problems) and finally got it working in a different USB Port... Then I installed the Gaming Software for it (It's firmware is current)...

Well now when I boot to the Desktop I get a Logitech Window on the desktop showing the folders for all the Logitech Software installed on XP.. i.e. WebCam Software, Setpoint, Quickcam etc... The desktop is normal and if I open Firefox the Logitech Window stays on top and I have to click on the Firefox Window to bring it to the front...

Any way to stop this pesky window from opening on Bootup????  I'm sure I prolly corrupted something somewhere... I also just noticed FireFox is now not remembering my Multiple Homepages and Open Office Writer wanted to recover a file that was never deleted...

LogitechFolder_zps2ea5e4cc.jpg

Thanks Guys...

Keith

Edited by KeithLDick

Hi ya Keith, are they just short cuts on your desk top ? On my windows 7 if i don't want it on the desk top i just delete it, then i just go find it to use it ! The main program is in the start tools & stuff ! Not sure if that explained it right !

Chuck

Try this >> Go Start to Run and in the Open box, type msconfig then hit Enter. Under the StartUp tab, untick the entry that calls tat event and click Apply then OK your way out and restart ................... then see if it re-appears !!

I took 'LCore.exe' (Logitech Gaming Software) out of the Startup and that fixed the problem... I may have had a corrupted Installer for the software and it caused that to happen... I'll install the Gaming Software down the road if I happen to need it and see if the problem comes back...

You can close this thread Chuck and Thanks for the help!!!!...

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Gaming-Keyboards/Keyboard-software-8-20-74-opens-folder-at-startup-instead-of/td-p/767137

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Gaming-Keyboards/Keyboard-software-8-35-18-opens-folder-at-startup-instead-of/td-p/892010

Incorrect registry path entry opens folder instead of launching app.

Basically an incorrect path entry due to your already having a logitech folder when you installed instead of the new location (designed for win 7 and 8 compatibility) and it installed to the current location but the reg entry points to the location it would be if there were no existing previous folder.