Need Help Removing Virus

I have a virus that MalwareBytes and MS Security Essentials wont take care off. MSSE just keeps telling me threats are being detected and cleaned , but it wont ever stop. Its the 1st time ive had a problem like this. MalwareBytes and MSSE usually take care of everything but Im afraid I downloaded something from my Hotmail that wasnt kosher. Any suggestions?

Joseph

I have been asked to help with the removal of Malware at BestTechie so if you are still in need of help, please follow my instructions:

So Do Not Remove anything or run any tools/programs until advised to do so !

Please stay with us until we give you the "All Clean Speech"! Just because the problem has stopped it may still need some clean-up !

Please note that all instructions given are customized for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the Tech Support forum and wait for help.

Backup the Registry

• Download ERUNT
  • Save it to your desktop. Right click on the downloaded file(erunt.zip) and click Extract.Follow the prompts to extract the file.
  • Now click on the folder "erunt" and find and double click on the file called Erunt.exe
  • Click OK. Then Click OK again.
  • Click save and then go to File > Exit.

This is so the registry can be restored to this point if we need it. It may take a minute. Just let it run until it's done.

NEXT

aswMBR Log

Vista and Windows 7 users

1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them

2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

aswMBR was not designed to run in Safe Mode, it was designed to run in Normal Mode.

aswMBR Log

Important! Please do not perform any fix options offered in aswMBR !

* Download aswMBR.exe from here and save it to your Desktop.

* Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.

* Click the Scan button to start scan.

* If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.

* When it finishes, press the Save Log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.

aswmbrscan.jpg

I'd like the contents of aswMBR.txt in your next reply, if you'd be so kind.

NEXT

MALWAREBYTES with Pics:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

mbam-1.jpg

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

scan-finished.jpg

* Then click Remove Selected .

* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.

* Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Please don't attach the scans / logs, use "copy/paste".

NEXT

THIS IS FOR USERS WHO CAN NOT GET EXE. TO RUN

In addition, for users that cannot run executables. You can now download OTL either as a .com, or a .scr file.

Note: When using these links, use Internet Explorer to download. If using Firefox, you should right-click and use "Save link As". Otherwise, on some systems, FF attempts to open the file as a script and just a bunch of gibberish is displayed.

Links:

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.com

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.scr

Vista and Windows 7 users:

These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them

with Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Download OldTimer to your desk top !

If you already have a copy of OTL delete it and use this version.

(Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).

* Double click OTL.exe to launch the program.

* Check the following.

o Scan all users.

o Standard Output.

o Lop check.

o Purity check.

oExtra Registry > Use SafeList

* Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList

* Click the Run Scan button and wait for the scan to finish (usually about 10-15 mins).

* When finished it will produce two logs.

o OTL.txt (open on your desktop).

o Extras.txt (minimised in your taskbar) The Extras.txt file will only appear the very first time you run OTL.

* Please post me both logs. This may have to be broken into more than one post !

Post Next:

1. aswMBR.txt

2. Malwarebytes Log

3. OTL.txt and Extras.txt

Thanks

Chuck

• 1 month later...

khudamorad, we have instated a 5 day policy for threads. If No reply within 5 days we close the topic, so if you need this re-opened PM me or one of the Mods !! Thanks Chuck